From the minute we drove into the car park of this hotel, our hearts sank. From the outside it looked run down and derelict, (empty beer glasses on the wall, empty cans rolling around the car park) and in hindsight, we probably would have been safer outside than in!
Having paid in advance I was very surprised that the receptionist insisted on taking my credit card details "in case we damaged the rooms and they had to charge us" Never before have I ever been asked for this but I was told either it was my credit card details or a cash deposit, NO CHOICE! We were given our key card for our room and told to go round the corner, up the stairs and follow the signs. There was no lift and it was a very long walk of narrow corridors, numerous staircases both up and down and several doors. We were immediately concerned of how we would find our way out in an emergency as it was such a maze. When we finally got to the room having carried our cases, the key card would not open the door. We both tried and were both unable to gain access to the room so we had to go all the way back to reception to ask for help. Whilst talking to the receptionist an alarm sounded on the fire panel and one receptionist told the other to “just silence it”. I was horrified and asked if that was a fire alarm and was told “ Oh yeah it’s always going off”. We then trudged all the way back to the room with the sour-faced ,totally unapologetic, receptionist to try and get in but once again the door would not open so we were told to wait there and after several minutes the manager arrived and opened the door. He had 2 key cards, and I strongly suspected it was his master card that opened the door although he denied it.
Having finally gained access to the pre-booked, pre-paid, twin bedded room, we found a double bed and a z-bed propped against the wall. The carpet was stained all over and there was a vomit stain, complete with splash marks on the carpet right at the side of the bed. Delightful! The windows were sliding windows and there was a length of wooden baton in the runner acting as a restrictor. Any one, could have removed that easily and the entire window could have been pushed to one side which would have been very dangerous if young children were in the room. The electric light at the side of the bed only worked after several attempts of switching it on, we were unsure if it was the bulb or the wiring. The plug hole in the bath was full of black hair, indicating that it hadn’t been cleaned in some time.
Back at reception I asked for a change of room as this was not the twin room I had booked and was told that there were no other rooms available and that we had already been up-graded to a family room! That explained the z-bed but made the windows an even more scary accident waiting to happen! I asked for a refund and was told that I couldn’t have one as we had booked via Expedia and the hotel hadn’t been paid yet. The receptionist clearly had all her responses well practiced and never offered any form of apology other than to ring Expedia and leave me hanging on to an empty phone for 10 minutes before I gave up as I was already running late for an appointment.
During the evening we did try to find alternative accommodation at other local hotels but they were full so we had no alternative but to return for the night. We didn’t dare unpack and certainly didn’t dare take our shoes off as the carpet was so stained and disgusting.
The following morning we had to negotiate the bathroom. There appeared to be a false ceiling with a huge bulge right above the bath and shower. Anyone 6’ tall would be unable to use the shower as the ceiling was so low. The way the shower attachment was fixed to the wall at the end of the bath meant you could not stand under the shower unless you were a capable limbo dancer, and the resulting flood on the bathroom floor ran down to the other end of the room as the floor was uneven.
Finally as we were leaving and finding our way back along the corridors we discovered fire doors propped open! Thinking about that and the receptionists ignoring the fire alarms I think we were lucky to have left the place alive!
Would I recommend this hotel? NO, NEVER!
The place should be closed down!
Stay somewhere else!
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC