We've been to Linthwaite House Hotel lots of times now (at least a dozen) and I really feel I should write a review as it is so good. It is normally a Christmas treat that we give each other as we both like it so much and it is only around sixty miles from where we live.
As I mentioned, we have been a number of times and every time we go there is something else that has been done, either in the rooms or elsewhere in the hotel. Our latest visit was today and we took two friends for luncheon. We were torn between here and Gilpin Lodge (another really nice hotel just down the road). Linthwaite House was the place we decided on and our friends really liked it.
For me, the food is the most important thing, followed by the wine and the rest is just a bonus. Well the food here is really good and if you go for lunch it is a particular bargain. Having said that, everything is good and the rooms are very well equipped and a treat to spend the night or more in.
The other really impressive thing about this hotel are the staff; they are friendly and efficient and part of the reason we go back. I don't care how good the rest is, if the staff were not pleasant I wouldn't return.
Every time you go, there is a feedback form in the room and a couple of times we have made comments and they have always been dealt with quickly and ingenuously. Some of the things I have commented on, I wouldn't normally mention as I would regard them as unimportant but when asked, I usually give a comprehensive review of the hotel. The response is always (or has been in our case) from the owner whose name I think is Mike Bevans and I have always been very impressed with his honest and proactive response. He really seems to be the perfect hotelier.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and I'm sure we will return as diners or diners/residents in the future.
- Also Known As:
- Linthwaite Hotel Windermere
- Linthwaite Hotel
- Linthwaite House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the Lake District's best country house hotels, but unstuffy! Great views, acres of private grounds, fishing, golf nearby, hiking, walking, extreme sports all within easy access. Great food, from fine dining to the Unstuffy Hamburger! Many wines by the glass and beers from local macro breweries. Lots of staff to pamper you and help you relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Linthwaite House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.