Stayed here in mid June for 1 night. We had the 50% off summer madness offer - I really liked the hotel but full price it would be very expensive!
Stayed in one of the superior rooms (26 I think), very nicely appointed, not enormous but spacious enough. No lake view unfortunately.
Small niggle - you could hear all the other doors opening and closing in the corridor and during the night, we were quite warm (despite the weather being quite cold) - and this made the door "bang" quite annoyingly. However we left a note about this and I have confidence the hotel will look into it.
Very nice personable staff, seemed genuinely interested in their guests. When we arrived there was a lovely smile waiting for us, yet no formal "reception" desk. Very nice.
View is currently a bit obscured by some machinery but doubt it will be there long.
We took a wander to the nearby tarn - view from there is exceptional.
Ate dinner and breakfast at the hotel. Very much enjoyed both. Dinner was very good quality - some interesting combinations on the plate and although my starter (smoked salmon) was exceptional I wasn't 100% convinced by some of the other combinations I still enjoyed the meal very much and especially the relaxed pace with nibbles in the conservatory beforehand etc.
Breakfast was very nice and cooked to order. Nice bread and pastries provided too, unlike most hotels little is provided "buffet style" which means a more relaxed breakfast and not feeling stuffed either.
We will be going back. When we were there we were easily the younger guests (mid 30s) however I expect the crowd is much more mixed at weekends and during holidays.
No pool/spa but you can use the nearby Old England hotel and I think they will come to your room on request!
- Also Known As:
- Linthwaite Hotel Windermere
- Linthwaite Hotel
- Linthwaite House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the Lake District's best country house hotels, but unstuffy! Great views, acres of private grounds, fishing, golf nearby, hiking, walking, extreme sports all within easy access. Great food, from fine dining to the Unstuffy Hamburger! Many wines by the glass and beers from local macro breweries. Lots of staff to pamper you and help you relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Linthwaite House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.