The only reason this hotel didnt get an excellent was because of the noise we had to put up with from guests in the next room. The night porter did his best to resolve the issue but it was a difficult situation. Breakfast was delicious with good service.
This is not the first time we have stopped here, each time has been just as good as the last and are already planning our next stay there. The views from the rooms are amazing - straight across the lake to the mountains. Ideal location for local walks and shops. The lounge area is extremely comfortable, again with great views over Windermere. If you want a relaxing break with a touch of luxury then this hotel is the one.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing on the shore of Lake Windermere, the historic Macdonald Old England Hotel and Spa is an ideal base for exploring the Lake District. The award-winning Restaurant offers unrivaled views over mature lawns to the lake. Four flexible business suites make the Old England a natural favorite as your next meeting or conference venue, while achieving a work-life balance is effortless at our luxury hotel spa. Inquire about exclusive use for weddings and conferences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Otel, Olotels, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.