We stayed at the Clifton for three nights and had a superb balcony view. The room was a good size though we would have preferred a bigger bed. The breakfasts were excellent with an extensive selection of cold buffet, very good individually prepared hot breakfast and the yummiest of pastries.
- Also Known As:
- The Clifton Hotel Shanklin
- The Clifton Hotel
- Clifton Hotel Shanklin
- The Clifton Shanklin, Isle Of Wight
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Clifton’s privileged location on the cliff top offers an amazing sea view and makes it an ideal retreat for those in search of tranquility. The Conservatory Bistro offers a stunning view of the bay which can also be enjoyed from the lovely garden offering the perfect visual tonic to relax and revitalise, perhaps with a good book and an English Cream Tea, or refreshments from the licensed bar. Local is Best……with prime farming land all around us and a host of specialist growers and producers making the most of it, we usually have access to plenty of fresh seasonal fruit and vegetables, as well as quality fish and meat. The garden opens out to Keats Green and the lovely walk between Shanklin and Sandown (part of the Isle of Wight Coastal Path) with fantastic views across Sandown Bay. This also leads to the famous Shanklin Chine with a pathway down to the sandy beaches. Within easy reach by foot are the picturesque Shanklin Old Village with its thatched roofs, and the beautiful Rylstone Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Clifton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.