Well there is obviously good and bad about all holidays but I can say for sure this was the worst ever! Yes we were there for finals weekend and yes we only paid £20.00! But I for sure would not let my worst enemy stay in the BRONZE accomodation (I only wish I had taken photos). On arrival the chalet smelt awful and it was cold and damp.
The Sofa bed was dirty and smelt disgusting We had to put a spare quilt on the mattress to take away the smell, there were no shower facilities, the only heater was hanging off the wall and there were only two plugs!! The worst thing was the water (Condensation) running off the windows and the walls in the bedrooms. We had to use our swimming towels to soak up the pools of water on the window sills. We all returned home feeling relieved and full of colds.
Yes some of you may say what do you expect for £20.00 but trust me we tried to upgrade once we had our confirmation and tried several times after!!
I must say the entertainment was amazing and run very well by the stripeys! The chef was very friendly and the standard of food available was good.
- Also Known As:
- John Fowler Ilfracombe Holiday Park Hotel Ilfracombe
- John Fowler Ilfracombe Holiday Park Hotel
- The Ilfracombe Holiday Park Devon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ilfracombe Holiday Park has everything you could want on a family holiday. A 56’ heated pool, a sauna, children’s play areas and an internet cafe provide you with all the comforts of home and more. Relax in our pool during the day, and then head to the Exmoor Club for the evening’s entertainment, free to everybody staying at our Ilfracombe Holiday Parks. This park is set at the top of the valley Ilfracombe lies in, so you get views right down over the town and out to sea, exactly what you’d expect from a Devon holiday. If you don’t want to deal with cooking on holiday then our Farmhouse Kitchen Restaurant can cook you up a wide variety of fare, from low price snacks to full grills and specialty dishes. We even offer takeaways. If you are going to cook for yourself, our onsite shop sells everything you’ll need, and there’s a Tesco superstore just a five minute walk away. ... more less