I booked the resort via Cleartrip.com from a link from trip advisor and was well and truely ripped off . I paid 6500 rs a night and met a Indian lady who said she paid only 5000 rs for the same period (the normal rate is 3000rs a night ) I thought I had booked an air conditioned tent but the tents came only with a fan . My daughter was sick and my wife frantic we had just cam from a 2 bed appartment near Baga with pool .
The very helpful manager upgraded us to an air conditioned room for an extra 800 RS per night and once we had seen the doctor and settled in we had a wonderful holiday . The fact that you are right on the beach with very friendly and helpful staff with a great priced food and drink made the stay wonderful .
The early morning beach walks in either direction are a must and on our last day we saw dolphins off the beach following the fishing nets that were being hauled ashore . The sea is wonderful here generally very calm and a great place for families with young kids .
There is a Morjim Bach Club which is a hotel with swimming pool and the rooms there were $125 per night and you get a large sized room with good a/c .
It was a great stay in the end but stay away from booking with Cleartrip.com they are only out to rip you off . Also some of the Russians I met had rented 3 bed houses for 5 months at $500/month and some had swimming pools .
I liked Morjim good area not too crowded altough of course New Year was busy and the fireworks fantastic on the beach .
The next day I walked the beach at 7am and the parties were still going and some revellers still on the beach , the left over fireworks boxes the fisherman , the dogs , the cows and the dolphins made a fantastic site for the New year . I loved it my daughter loved it and my wife too eventually ......
- Also Known As:
- Montego Bay Beach Village Hotel Morjim
- Montego Bay Beach Village Hotel
- Montego Bay Beach Village Pernem
- Montego Bay Beach Village Goa/Morjim
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the land of Sun, Sea and Sand for a fun-filled holiday. Montego Bay Beach Village is a boutique resort situated on the white sands of Morjim Beach, popularly known as the "Turtle Beach" where the famous Olive Ridley turtles come to nest and lay their eggs. The resort offers you an atmosphere of peace and tranquility where every person has his own privacy and enjoys the beautiful surroundings of a coconut grove and virgin beach. A sanctuary for the discerning traveler it is also a venue for creative weddings, theme birthday parties, and social gatherings. The resort consist of Log Cabins, Luxury Tents, Casa de Mudanc’a, and a Beach Villa spread over an area of 100,000 sq ft of beach front property. Wake up to the melodious notes of chirping birds as each and every room has a large veranda overlooking the Arabian Sea and is surrounded by the natural beauty of flora and a rich variety of bird life. This atmosphere makes Montego Bay Beach Village a charming ocean front property offering great value. It is an ideal getaway resort for couples and families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Budget Places, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Montego Bay Beach Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.