Just stayed there for 4th of July holiday (4 nights). I had not been since 18 years ago and it was just as amazing as I remembered, no wonder this was voted before the best hotel in the world.
We were supposed to stay 5 nights but United cancelled our flight and we lost one night. I called the hotel right away and they were super nice, changed the reservation and didn't bill us for that first night (I made the change the same day as the arrival due to time difference). United also managed to lose our suitcase and it took us over 48 hours to get it back. We had no problem going to the Fox Town outlets in Mendrisio, 20 minutes by car. Housekeeping hemmed my pants in about 4 hours, just in time for dinner.
I booked with leading hotels of the world and joined their leaders club (100 USD / year). Breakfast was included, they gave us un upgrade to a suite, free wifi, etc.
The room was lovely in the style of the hotel, nice bathroom, big walk in, great amenities. Internet was good.
We had dinner at the Grill, excellent dinner al fresco. Another night we had dinner at the Veranda restaurant on the terrace for one amazing meal. On July 4th, the hotel had a special dinner with a wonderful show and gorgeous fireworks, it was a memorable evening.
That day we rented a boat from the hotel with a captain for 5 hours (1000 Euros), a must do if you can. We went around lake como, saw all the beautiful houses, swam in the lake, visited Bellagio and had dinner in a small but great restaurant, over looking the lake.
My only complaint is that the mattress was pretty hard and the sheets were far from soft... otherwise, amazing stay.
- Also Known As:
- Villa d`Este Hotel
- Villa d`Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Hotel d Este
- d Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Villa Deste
- Villa d Este
- Villa Deste Lake Como
- Villa D'Este Lake Como/Cernobbio, Italy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the splendor, the grandeur, the intrigue and the magic of Villa d'Este- an opulent hotel overlooking glorious Lake Como. Hailed as one of the best hotels in the world by Travel & Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler and Forbes Traveler, this famous resort destination has been widely praised for its beautiful gardens, exquisite cuisine, gala celebrations, impeccable décor and extraordinary hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LHW, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Olotels, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Villa d'Este reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.