Positano was a scheduled stop along a 1 month trip in Southern Europe. We arrive later than planned from Florence, looking forward to one week of relaxation before we headed to Rome. The Patrizia apartment was exactly what we needed. We had a lovely little balcony, where we could have our own candelight dinner's, with a view that was gorgeous of the sea and city of Positano.
Gilda and Giuseppe are warm, loving people. Their daughter Daniele, along with Chiara provided the assistance across the language barriers, as we spoke our basic Italian. What couldn't be said in words, we managed with laughter and smiles. They were so incredibly accomodating, and special that we enjoyed just hanging with them in the breakfast room, as we started our day. Knowing we loved cappucino's , they made sure every morning we had an extra special coffee to start our day. After one week, they felt like family. Leaving was difficult, and as I hugged Gilda goodbye, the tears flowed, as I knew it was going to be tough to wave goodbye.
Overall, great value for your money. Positano has a great mini market where you can buy ready made delicious meals, to bring back to your apartment if you do not feel like eating out. We started every day with a walk to the town for our daily needs, since the scenery is so beautiful.
The walk down to the beach from the B&B is a challenge,like all Amalfi coast locations, but worth every step. Believe me, you get in shape doing this every day. When you arrive, you are in a lovely little beach, great water temperature.
I would recommend this place, for all it has to offer. You will fall in love with the location, the beauty, and most of all, Gilda, Giuseppe, Daniele, Rosa and Chiara.....
We will never forget you, XXXXX
Maria and Drazen
- Also Known As:
- Holiday House Gilda Hotel
- Holiday House Gilda Hotel Positano
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your vacation on the beautiful sea of Positano in the heart of the Amalfitan Coast.Gilda and her family are glad to accomodate you, they do their best to offer a high quality stay in their apartments overlooking the sea and the "vertical town" of Positano. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Holiday House Gilda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.