We spent 4 nights here at the beginning of our holiday in Tuscany. We had a lovely room with a balcony and a view over the marina towards Elba, and had the benefit of some glorious sunsets. The welcome was both warm and efficient, and the staff were most helpful. We only went on one trip outside Punta Ala during the three days we were there because we were just wanting a rest before setting out on the main part of our holiday in Tuscany! We thoroughly enjoyed the pool area and the views from there. We did not take the free shuttle to the hotel's beach, so are unable to comment on that, but Italian beaches do come with very expensive sunshades and loungers. Wifi was not free at the hotel although there was a computer available in the lounge area for basic searches and information. We had two enjoyable meals in the hotel restaurant and ate at restaurants down in the marina area (only a few minutes walk down the road) for the other two nights. One of the marina restaurants, Deep, made free wifi available to its customers, which proved very useful to this email addict. As has been mentioned by a previous guest, there is not much to do in Punta Ala but to watch the boats and relax - which suited us down to the ground. On our last evening at the Cala del Porto (a Friday) the hotel guests were invited to a drinks reception (on the house) which consisted of Bellinis and canapés - a very pleasant way in which to finish our stay at this excellent hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Relais & Chateaux Cala Del Porto Hotel Punta Ala
- Relais & Chateaux Cala Del Porto Hotel
- Relais And Chateaux Cala Del Porto
- Relais & Chateaux Cala Del Porto Punta Ala, Italy - Tuscany
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel stands amidst the picturesque Maremma pine forests on a slope leading down to the sea. From the pool terrace, guests can admire the deep blue of the Tyrrhenian Sea while enjoying a magnificent view of the entire archipelago: Elba, Montecristo and Cerboli islands. Terracotta floors and modern furnishings provide a cool, chic atmosphere, enhanced by prompt, impeccable service. Guests can enjoy beauty pampering and culinary delights, DE-stess in the exclusive Golf Club nearby, relax alongside the pool or on the private sandy beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Relais & Chateaux Cala del Porto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.