Just passing one week there, a supplier of ours booked some rooms there and we blindly joined them. The one and only good news is, that the hotel managers are very kind and helpful, but else there's not a lot of positive things to relate (free wireless LAN is somewhat standard these days).
1. The rooms are old fashioned and worn down to the minimum. Below the mattresses, you find a plastic layer (for which you might even start being grateful after examining the rest). The blankets are thin and raspy, the pillows slim and the cloth looks as if years old.
2. The bath rooms are in below average conditions. The showers are not at all hermetic... meaning that each shower you take leaves a wet traces outside which won't disappear, simply because there is no drain. Best case: it accumulates in the middle of the bathroom (as it was in my case). A colleague of mine wasn't that lucky, in his room, the water took the easiest way which was leading to his bed in the next room.
3. It looks as if the room was just "done" (if you can call it that way) once in a week (towels etc). The bed wasn't taken care of at all.
4. The breakfast wasn't worth mentioning (and not worth 8,50 € of course). Bad coffee, some croissant, baguette, some butter, marmalade and stuff. No cheese, no bacon, no eggs, the only "thumbs up" is for the orange juice.
Minor facts such as cracks in the window won't even matter given the prime issues of the hotel.
The comment of the local company staff was: "C'est nul!" and "Hotel de passe." (this is nothing - transient hotel...)
Guess this is enough good reasons for the rating, my advise would be to chose any stay other than that one if you have the chance to!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HostelBookers, Priceline, Olotels and Hotels.com so you can book your Syracuse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.