The Ritz Carlton was absolutely lovely. All staff that I interacted with were extremely helpful. The property is large, and anytime I asked "Excuse me, can you tell me the best way to get to (such and such)?" the employee would not only TELL me, but SHOW me! They really went above and beyond! Even the morning wake up call was a real, live person who woke me up by name and told me the weather report for the day! Very wonderful service.
The breakfast buffet in the Terrace Restaurant (I ate there on a Saturday) was super nice. The restaurant also has a beautiful ocean view so make sure you get a table near the windows.
The room was very well laid out - well lit, good electrical outlet placement, and comfortable bed and pillows. Everything about the room was very clean. I was here on business so took advantage of the in room Wifi which worked well. The toiletries provided were also superb! My room was on the 9th floor and overlooked the pool. I could also see the mountains and the ocean - it was perfect!
The hotel is in a windy part of the island, or at least it was windy when I was there. Bring a sweater or jacket no matter what the weather report is, because it will be colder with the wind. As other reviewers have said, the property is set back a ways from the beach. It is nice though - there are golf cart shuttles that seem to run continuously up and down and path so I often took advantage of those on my way back to the hotel (UP hill - :) ). There are a few hammocks around the property - make sure you take time to have a lie down in one of them! Relaxing.
I recommend this property. It is comfortable, beautiful, and friendly.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Hotel
- Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Hotel Kapalua
- Ritz Carlton Lahaina
- Ritz Carlton Maui
- Ritz-Carlton Lahaina
- Ritz Lahaina
- Ritz Carlton Kapalua
- Lahaina Ritz
- Lahaina Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Maui
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 54 acres, The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua showcases a stunning, fully-renovated destination resort offering 463 guestrooms, including 107 residential suites, warm wood floors, travertine bathrooms, flat-screen televisions and Hawaiian-inspired artwork. The Spa beckons with treatment rooms framed by private garden showers, volcanic stone grottos, heat therapies, and a fitness center with spectacular ocean views. Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment offers all levels activities from land to sea. Also featured are six restaurants, indoor/outdoor meeting space, an inviting children's pool and luxury cabanas. It is enveloped by picturesque Kapalua Resort’s two championship golf courses, dining and a century-old pineapple plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Prestigia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.