Cannot understand why anyone would pay the money to own a static caravan on this site. There are so many really lovely sites in northern ireland - this definitely isn't one of them! The only positive is that it is close to Portrush. The camping part of the site is ridiculous. There is just one grassy plot for all the tents and no actual allocated pitches - it's a free for all. Tents are squeezed in everywhere there is a gap. If you go out in your car, there'll be a tent in your car space when you get back!! The facilites are extremely basic, not very clean, and are far from the campers at the bottom of a hill which is not practical at all when you have 2 young children. There are no where near enough facilities for this size of a site. The washing up facilities are very poor, and so are the showers. There has been no thought used with regard to practicalities, plenty of hooks for towels and shelving for clothes etc. You end up putting things on a dirty, wet floor. There was nothing for the children there at all and no where that they could play. Agree with other people that reception staff are not very friendly, and the shop stocks sweets for kids, but no actual food. Would have expected it to stock breakfast items. There is a very good garage nearby which has everything you need though. It may not be the worst site in northen ireland, but it is definitely the worst site that we have ever been to!
- Also Known As:
- Hilltop Holiday Park Hotel Portrush
- Hilltop Holiday Park Hotel
- Hilltop Holiday Park Portrush, Northern Ireland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the Hilltop of the coastal town Portrush, Hilltop Holiday Park offers a relaxing break away to the seaside in a family oriented site. It is a 2 minute drive and short walk into the town centre of Portrush and is literally minutes away from the nearest local beach. Hilltop offers Luxury Hire Vans, Camping Cabins, Geo Domes, Touring Pitches and Tent pitches to rent. There is a Coffee Shop on site which serves breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea,dinner and takeaway. There is a children's play park and a complimentary Summer Club for children which is full of fun activities and trips. Hilltop Holiday Park is the ultimate family get-away on the North Coast! Whether it's a relaxing weekend away in a Luxury Caravan or an action packed holiday in a Camping Cabin or Geo Dome, your trip will certainly not disappoint! ... more less