Since our last stay here everything seems to have improved, We were informed that the Hotel has been sold and is no longer part of the Legact Hotel Group. The room (202) was lovley nice and spacious, plenty of room the bathroom had a lovley corner bath with shower. We had a Free Meal on our 1st night which again was delicious - although it was a set menu we had plenty to choose from I ahd a Pasta dish and my partner had a steak lovley pudding served piping hot and very tasty. The Leisure facilities were an added bonus and were completly free of charge which was a bonus they were also in the Hotel which is not always the case in all hotels, My kids loved the pool and we struggled to get them out. I was dubious about staying here after reading all the reviews but was to say the least very suprised and we had a wonderful experience I would not hesitate in reccommending my family friends and work colleagues to stay here. Hopefully the new Management team will deliver their promise and do a refurbishment to get this hotel back up to 100% I hope it is ready for next year as we will definatly be coming back.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Hotel Chesterfield
- Chesterfield Legacy Hotel
- The Chesterfield Hotel Derbyshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel first opened on 6th October 1877. It had 16 bedrooms and ‘good stabling’. The hotel was owned by the Chesterfield Brewery Company and was originally named the Station Hotel. In 1895 the hotel received its first extension, the number of bedrooms increased to 24. It now has 73 bedrooms, all of which are en-suite, with television, tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer, iron and ironing board. The Chesterfield offers a range of different capacity bedrooms and also has a number of rooms suitable for disabled use. The hotel is disabled friendly with accessibility to all levels of the ground floor including bars and function rooms. Guests can avail themselves of the Peak Leisure Centre free of charge for the duration of their stay in the Chesterfield. After a long day sightseeing, what better way to relax than in our sauna or steam room or take a refreshing dip in our 17m indoor heated swimming pool? (Please note, there is no disabled access to the Peak Leisure Centre). The Chesterfield Hotel also has a residents bar where guests can unwind and a restaurant where breakfast and dinner are served. The hotel has numerous function suites along with banqueting and conferencing facilities. Whether its an intimate meeting for 2 or a party for 200 the hotel can accommodate this. The hotel is also pleased to announce we are pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The Chesterfield Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.