We stayed my husband and I for ten days over easter in beach villa number 106, the location of this villa was really good near the dive center, coral bar and island club at the end of the beach.Room was large with too floors bedroom upstair with a toilet and down stairs has living area ,large bathroom and garden area with large bathtub.Each villa is allocated two sun loungers outside for the beach but beware if your neighbours have children they some times take your loungers which i though was a bit cheeky but there we go . Food was very good our favourite was the lotus thai resturant very authentic they even ask you how spicy you like it ,this is included in the all inclusive package if you have the set menu or you can have a la carte menu with a $40 credit per person so you dont end up paying much anyway.Seafood resturant is also good and has the $40 credit per person also and one dish is fillet steak and lobster combo which is really good and only $56 so not much extra too pay for quality of food you get.Buffet is lovely and changes everyday and of excellant quality.
Island club this is the big debate "is it worth the money" in my opinion it is a lovely and service is good you get wifi all week ,laundry two pieces a day ,extra pool , extra resturant and premium beverages and the tiger beer is a lot nicer than cheaper larger you get on the normal all inclusive but it is a very expensive upgrade at a cost of £1300 for ten days.
The resort overall is amazing the only thing that would put me off returning is we went as a couple for relaxing and this i feel is a more a family resort very family orientated with lots of small children and quite a few people commented on there lack of piece and quite from crying children because the rooms are so close or semi detatched i am sympathetic too this and in no way dislike children but prefer a more adult only resort now my son has grown up .
Snorkling is excellant straight from the beach or straight off the step behind the dive center its like being in a an aquarium theres also plenty of sharks they come right up too the beach edge .In the coral bar they do fish feeding in the evening so you really get up and close with the rays Overall an excellent resort some maintaince dose need doing thats the only reason i agve it a 4 and not a 5 but who really cares about loose tiles some tatty paint work when your in paradise.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Hotel
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives: Set amongst the perfect islands and blue ocean of South Ari Atoll (Alifu Atoll) in the republic of Maldives, Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives delivers a unique 5 star resort experience and offers the ultimate in barefoot luxury along with a range of exciting activities that will appeal both to couples and families.Featuring 112 suites & villas, the resort offers diving enthusiasts outstanding diving opportunities including an excellent house reef complete with a dedicated sunken ship wreck and is within easy reach of the top dive spots in the Maldives. The resort offers all guests a premium all-inclusive vacation experience, along with a perfect white sand beach and the crystal clear water of the Indian Ocean.Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives offers more than simply daytime sun, sea, and sand. The resort features a variety of dining options, pools, recreation activities, Sports and Fitness facilities, bars and lounges with nightly entertainment, SPA Cenvaree, and a Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.