My wife and I we to Brook for our extended Honeymoon and stayed there for 2 nights. Having previously visited what we thought was the best hotel experience at another well reputed Luxury hotel in Sigiriya, we honestly did not have high expectation for Brook. But from the moment we entered through the gates, we knew it was not what we expected it to be. The staff greeted us with a warm welcome and refreshing towels and drinks which was much comforting after the long drive. We had booked a Superior room and requested a room with a bay window after seeing it.
They sent us a nice rich fruit basket with juicy fresh fruits.The room decor was first class and we consider to be of high standard for a Boutique Hotel. The room is equipped with all Amenities required for a luxurious stay. We are also provided a mobile phone to contact the staff (Janake in our case) for any inquires. And that was just the beginning!!!
The dinner was FABULOUS!!! The waiter (Eranda) helped us choose the best out of set menus for a four course meal and a scrumptious dessert. See for yourselves in the pics!!! We were joined by the Hotel owners Karen and Pubudu and had a nice chat while enjoying the dinner. Pubudu offered us a morning nature walk the next day which we happily accepted.
We started the walk @ 6.30 am and went along streams, visited the vegetable garden and SPA and other areas of the 80 acre land (not the entire 80 acres).
At the end of the trip we were served "kola kanda" (a herbal green leave drink) followed by the best breakfast we have ever had at any hotel we've been to. See the pics!!!
After the heavy BF went out to see "Yapahuwa" (ancient kingdom of Sri Lanka) which is about 30km away. Had lunch on the way and came to the hotel exhausted. Had a bath and selected a movie from the 1500 movie collection (literally!) to watch in the evening.
After a short sleep we want for dinner and again the Chef Ruwan amazed us with an assortment of dishes and desserts which we could not resist despite being full with the main course.
Next day we were again served with a breakfast that was fit for a king. which included some delicious Sri Lankan country food and a complete English breakfast.
We left Brook afterwards promising we will return again soon. All in all the experience was above and beyond expectation and certainly five star class.
- Also Known As:
- Brook Boutique Hotel Melsiripura
- Brook Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Brook Boutique Hotel
- Brook Boutique Hotel & Spa Sri Lanka/Melsiripura
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World Luxury Hotel Award winner 2012 for the best Luxury country Hotel,Melsiripura-hub to many Cultural Heritage sites-on 80 acre fruit-growing estate.(Close to Dambulla) 4 Superior rooms,3 Luxury Garden Chalets,2 Bedroom Luxury Villa, Flat screen satellite TV-DVD-Internet. In room T/Coffee- 300 thread-count bed-linen/Pillow Menu, AC/fans, safes, minibar, hairdryer, iron, robes. Designer bathrooms-state of art body-showers. Chalets with secluded gardens-Jacuzzi or plunge pool,Magnificent hilltop swimming pool. Brook running through estate with natural pool, Spa, Ala carte and Fine Dining. Underground Wine-cellar, bar, lounge with variety of board-games. Designer Jewelry shop-Book/DVD Libraries. Child policy 7+ Ideal for bird-watching and relaxing.Day tours recommended from the hotel are: Dambulla, Sigiriya, Kandy,Na Uyana, Arankelle, Rideegama, Matale.Approx 2.5 Hrs Drive from Airport. Closest Luxury Boutique Hotel (Cultural Triangle Hotels) to the Airport/ Colombo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Brook Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.