The floathouse was a very nice surprise. As it seems fairly new, the rooms were in excellent condition, and the overall design of the resort is very tastefully done, understated simple luxury. Shower works wonderfully well. Now here is what prevented me to put five points: some areas of the software do not match the high taste of the hardware:
1) Reception: sad to see a rather messy reception desk with a safe box topped by a stereo in the main dining hall. This spoils all the design efforts.
2) Music in the public area: management should do some research to play something more stylish (soft jazz for example) than the usual piano CD recording that we hear in all local resorts in Thailand, even allow some moments without music as the sound of the river is beautiful in itself.
3) Uniforms: it would also do justice to the whole design if the staff would be dressed in uniforms matching the ensemble.
4) Wine: here I am difficult as I should appreciate where the hotel is located: but he South African wine offered by the glass is terrible and served warm: there are even much better Thai wines and in this location that would suit well.
5) Breakfast: the quality of what is served could also be enhanced a little bit: a better locally produced jam, a choice of teas, etc.
Note that the resort is also connected to the River Kwai Resotel via a walk way. They give you life jackets and you can let yourself stroll down the river down to the Resotel pier located about 400m down. They offer to take you back up by boat, but you can actually walk. From the hotel you can also take mountain bikes to go around, so this is a good base.
Hotel cannot do anything about this but he engine noise of the long tail boats going up and down the river are spoiling this delightful quiet location.
- Also Known As:
- The FloatHouse River Kwai Sai Yok, Thailand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The FloatHouse River Kwai is a magnificent floating resort upon a finest part of the world's historical river,River Kwai.All floating villas are made of teak wood & bamboo featured with wooden furniture and broad range of services and facilities. Our distinctive design is to harmonize with gorgeous nature surroundings making the resort "design by nature". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The FloatHouse River Kwai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.