I have stayed on a number of occasions in the past couple of years and I am of the opinion the hotel is going downhill.I wasnt therefore surprised to hear on my most recent visit that Marriot are selling the hotel.
On arrival I found a half eaten breakfast tray on the floor by my room door at midday. It was still there smelling badly up until the point I reported it to reception some 8 hours later.
My room was large and comfortable albiet dated but very stuffy and smelt as if it hadnt been aired in ages.
The shower had no pressure.
There is no mini bar and the ice machine was empty along the corridor.
The restaurant has one saving grace and that is excellent wait staff, the food is a joke.
Whatever I order is overcooked to the point of being burnt and sadly I have had to send most meals back uneaten. However I recently discovered that if you turn left out of the hotel there are a good few very much better places to eat at a fraction of the price.
I will not return.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Sunderland Hotel Sunderland
- Marriott Sunderland Hotel
- Sunderland Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunderland's only four star hotel is the Sunderland Marriott. Located on the seafront overlooking the sandy beaches at Seaburn two miles north of the city centre. A full-service hotel offering modern, high quality accommodation for business and leisure travelers alike. All bedrooms have en-suite facilities - many enjoying sea views. The hotel also boasts three luxurious suite style rooms complete with a glazed rotunda overlooking the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Marriott Sunderland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.