none above the expected as this hotel is "nominally" a 4 star one. The air conditioning worked, the restaurant was open, some of the staff was polite, the bed was ok, and one in four meals was as expected.
Room: see photos, in average condition, but this is not expected from a 4-star hotel, in my opinion. Paint peeling, floor tiles has gaps, some little details that matter a bit. Our room was overlooking a very noisy street. Power plugs were not working everywhere.
Restaurant (only 4 meals!):
1. dinner: we were told to choose from a menu, we had to have the assistance of the receptionist, because not a waiter spoke English at all(!) and after that we had to cancel our orders, because we were with a group (but we asked for that first and were told to choose!) and go to another room, that was some 2nd class compared to the restaurant itself (and of course you couldn't choose, and got some pasta and french fries)
1. breakfast: ok but only as expected
inedible food that was served in more than one hour (unbaked bread, differently prepared meat for a company of about 12 on a scale from uncuttable to well-done), and always yoghurt as a dessert in different flavours without being able to choose (this seems a small and funny detail, but let's compare it to the other hotel we stayed after that: there we had also yoghurt as a dessert, but also 10-15 different kinds of other desserts, too!)
when we arrived to the restaurant, we were told, I suppose, in Spanish, to go somewhere on the 1st or -1st level (to another room), but no one seemed to guide us to there. We made a tour but couldn't find this room so we returned and were eating there.
There was some polite people, but mostly indifferent, I can't forget that one of the members of our group had a bag stolen with money and passport in the lobby. I wouldn't comment this, because I don't know all the details, but all the reception staff first checked out the remaining guests (?because they couldn't believe that this had happened?) and only after 45 mins called the police. And they didn't offer to help with their recordings of the security cameras, not even to the police.
My only explanation is that there was some payment problem between the hotel and our travel agency, but the hotel never communicated the fact to us they were simply unhospitable and unfriendly.
Conclusion: I really don't recommend the place, the atmosphere of the place is unfriendly, indifferent at most, meals are a forgettable experience, all in all the level of service is approximately of a 2-star hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Hotel Sabadell
- Gran Hotel Verdi Sabadell, Province Of Barcelona, Catalonia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gran Hotel Verdi is located in the Francesc Macia Avenue of Sabadell, in the best service and shopping area of the city. Sabadell is the capital of Valles Occidental, a powerful industrial and economic area in Catalonia with just 20 kilometres outside Barcelona. The hotel was built in 1992 and partially renovated in 2003. The building has a main floor with common services, a restaurant, a coffee bar, a reception desk, etc. Its 172 rooms are located above this floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Olotels and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Gran Hotel Verdi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.