My family and spent a week in a 2 bedroom apartment at the end of August and had a great holiday.
- The property is excellent. The finish on the whole resort is faultless. The apartments are beautifully spec'd out with high end appliances. The housekeeping staff kept our apartment spotless and well stocked with clean towels, bedding etc. They are very spacious and perfect for comfortable family living. All the bedrooms have TVs . We had a great location - on the ground floor facing the golf course, which meant we had extra garden space beyond our patio. Can't remember what block, but if you are interested I will find out. It was also a great spot for access to the pool, our kids are only 7 and 9 and we could keep close tabs on them.
- Fantastic for families. The apartments afford great family space. There is a gym, kids club and access to the Tivoli facilities too. It makes your stay very flexible. We found the Kids Club at the Residences good, but small, and the facility at the hotel, just across the road is much bigger and better equipped. If you chose to eat at the buffet in the hotel, kids under 12 eat free. The indoor pool was great for the kids as it is shallow, lots in there gaining their water confidence. There is also a small playground for the kids, which is close to the pool, so easy to keep an eye on them from your sunlounger.
- You can use the hotel facilities. Great spa and pool area - quite impressive. All the pools are cold but the kids don't mind! Decent enough food. We enjoyed dining outside and watching all the kids playing in the gardens, just feet away.
- Tennis and golf. Great facilities. If you want to take the kids to the range don't forget collars and appropriate footwear!
- The shuttle to Vilamoura. Free and fairly regular.
- Staff were polite and useful.
- Great security. Gated entry and metal shutters on all rooms , if you want extra darkness or added security.
Points to consider:
- You are quite isolated. There aren't any walk to shops for basics, if you want to self- cater. Unless the opt for the welcome pack, you literally have nothing when you arrive. We got a transfer via the Residences and our driver took us to the Supermarket en- route to resort. We stocked up on water, washing up liquid, tea, coffee etc and it set us up for the week.
- No entertainment.
- There are lots of young families. So be prepared for lots inflatables and kids in the pools.
Would I go back? Yes, under the right circumstances, but might try the Tivoli Marina next time. Only because I got a bit bored when the hubby was playing golf and at least I could walk out to the beach and some shops!
- Also Known As:
- The Residences At Victoria Clube De Golfe Hotel Vilamoura
- The Residences At Victoria Clube De Golfe Hotel
- The Residences At Victoria Clube De Golfe Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Olotels and Otel so you can book your The Residences at Victoria Clube de Golfe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.