I have stayed in Vilamoura on many occasions and I am going back again in July, so I am a big fan.
I stayed at this hotel between the 10-14 June 2012. I went with a friend of mine for a few days in the sun. This is the first time I had stayed at the Vila Gale Hotel and I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were spacious, with comfy beds and the hotel was very quiet at night. Pool area was clean and there were always plenty of sun loungers. Literally a 1 min walk and you are in the marina which was perfect. Loads of lovely restaurants and bars within a 5 min walk from the hotel. Easy access to both Vilamoura Beach approx 5 min walk (near the Tivoli Hotel) and Praia da Rocha Beach approx 20 min walk (a walk around the marina) - which was my personal favourite. This beach is very long and you can walk for about 30 mins and still not reach the end. There are sun loungers on both beaches that you can rent for 10 Euro for 1/2 a day and 15 Euro for a full day. There are also a number of restaurants at the back of the beach which served good food at lunch time.
I would stay at the Vila Gale Hotel again. No complaints, everything worked like it should. Breakfast was good. I had read some negative reviews about breakfast before I went but it was absolutely fine. Nice selection and always plenty of it.
I picked this hotel because my friend was on a budget and it was very good value considering the close proximity to the marina. This hotel ticked all the boxes. To give some perspective, I am due to return to the 5 Star Tivoli Marina Hotel in a few weeks but actually, I would be more than happy to stay in this hotel again.
It had a nice feel about it with a good mix of people. Popular with golfers.
If you want some nightlife in the marina, then the Irish Pub has a live band most nights but it doesn't really get going until the early hours of the morning. You will find it located next to the Atlantic Bar on the first level of the marina. The Mayflower Restaurant was also a favourite of mine and now they have the new decking on the marina, there is even more outside space to sit and take in the views. I am a big fan of Vilamoura and the Vila Gale Hotel did not disappoint.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Gale Marina Vilamoura
- Vila Gale Marina
- Vila Gale Marina Hotel Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vila Gale Marina Hotel can provide you with an unforgettable holiday in Vilamoura. With a privileged location fronting the Marina de Vilamoura and only a few metres away from the beach and the historical Casino of Vilamoura. Featuring two outdoor swimming pools and a heated indoor pool, two Jacuzzis and Turkish bath, the high quality of service, friendliness, and great entertainment are the hallmarks of our Marina hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Vila Gale Marina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.