Our family of four spent 3 nights at the Taj Fisherman's cove.
We had made our bookings thru a travel agent who got us a special deal - almost Rs 14K a night which included breakfast and an extra bed for 1 child.
It turns out that at this price, all you get is a tiny room with not even enough room to accomodate the extra bed for which we were charged !! When we complained the manager just embarrassed us by saying that he has never seen such a cheap rate for a room in his hotel...all the other rooms apparently go for 20K etc !
Most 5 star hotel staff come and make your room twice a day atleast, but here the system was different - if you want your room serviced, you had to leave a sign saying this otherwise the room does not get made ! Even after servicing - the trash can was not emptied out for 2 days !! So their house keeping staff is really not up to the mark for a 5 star.
The property is very nice. The beach is awesome, their swimming pool is great, the food is awesome... The rest of the hotel staff - at the pool, restaraunt, beach etc are all very friendly.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Fisherman`s Cove, Chennai Hotel Chennai (Madras)
- Vivanta By Taj - Fisherman`s Cove, Chennai Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Fisherman's Cove, Chennai, built on the ramparts of an old Dutch fort, is now riding on a fresh new wave. Yet it remains the charming beach resort that's almost one with the Bay of Bengal. Where fun lovers return for good times. There's a nice new buzz however. In the renewed cottages and villas, the nouvelle restaurants, the high energy bar, and the spa where you'll go Ah! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Fisherman's Cove, Chennai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.