Waking up to the sound of the waves--this was the perfect spot to unwind before flying out, it's only 20 minutes by taxi from the Cancun airport. The hotel is spotless; while there I saw them clean the seaweed off the beach, scrub the pool every day and shine the doors. The rooms are very spacious and every one has an ocean view.
The hotel is just west of the town square and away from most of the other hotels that are east of the square. We often had the whole beach to ourselves and also enjoyed the nice pool. Down the beach we also played volleyball.
There's a dive/snorkelling store attached to the hotel, which took us out on a terrific 2-hour snorkel to the reef (part of a national park that has the second largest barrier reef in the world, same reef that extends to Playa del Carmen and Cozumel).
Leslie at the front desk was very helpful. She let us use the hotel safe because our room safe wasn't working. The hotel is usually very quiet but the last day Leslie told us there was going to be a wedding there. The party did go on all night but the Mexican wedding was charming!
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Morelos Hotel
- Hacienda Morelos Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Hacienda Morelos Puerto
- Hacienda Morelos Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hacienda Morelos is a charming hotel in front of the beach with inviting rooms in a colonial environment, each of them with a splendid view to the Mexican Caribbean sea and just a few yards from the second world largest coral reef barrier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Hacienda Morelos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.