I read about The Little Mexican Cooking School on Trip Advisor about 2 weeks ago, and from the reviews there seemed every reason to spend a day of our trip (Apr 20 - 28) there. I couldn't get Pay Pal to work for me, so I called the number and the lady who answered said "Sure, we'll put you down for Tuesday" - no need to give anything other than my name. Well, that set the stage for what turned out to be probably the best overall experience we've ever had in Mexico, and we've been going since 1994. My husband wanted to go at the last minute, which turned out to be no problem at all, and all the other participants were in couples, too. What a diverse group - and by the end of the day we were quite chummy! The actual cooking is done by a very talented and amusing chef and the participants do alot of chopping and tasting. Katriona, a lovely lady from Australia, kind of fills in the blanks by doing some narration on all sorts of topics - but primarily the history of Mexican cuisine. At the end of the day we all sat down and ate the fruits of our labor - best food of the trip! We highly recommend this experience to everyone!
Turns out they also rent fabulous, ocean view rooms and happened to have one available for our last night. For $78 USD we slept with a blanket - the ocean breeze was beyond Heavenly - got a FULL, GOURMET breakfast the next morning.
I wanted to buy a "huipil", the colorfully embroidered white dresses the native women wear, and couldn't find one so Katrina had one of the maids bring me one from her village the next day - talk about going above and beyond!
Guys - this place is not to be missed! I notice their rates are rising considerably in 2013, and rightly so, get on it pronto!
- Also Known As:
- Casa Caribe b&b
- Casa Caribe Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Casa Caribe Hotel
- Casa Caribe Bed And Breakfast Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Caribe Puerto Morelos, a seaside retreat, is a funky friendly bed and breakfast, in a an old hacienda style building. There are five large bedrooms facing the ocean, king size beds, private terraces with hammocks, refrigerator, coffee maker, private bathrooms and only 3 blocks stroll to the town square and all the restaurants and bars. It is right opposite the wide white sand beaches of Puerto Morelos where you can take your beach chair and relax and lounge on the terrace and enjoy the wifi. Breakfasts are designed by the chef of The Little Mexican cooking school and an onsite store has supplies. Your home away from home - came and meet us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Casa Caribe Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.