What can I say. They pretty much nailed it. Nothing to complain about. 4 days in the hotel, not one problem or concern.
Our buses dropped us off at the curb below the hotel. There is one flight of stairs up to get to the main lobby area. Luckily, the hotel had a bevy of helpers at the curb ready to help carry bags up the stairs. I grabbed my own as I am used to it, but it was a nice touch to have enough willing people available. Great start.
Right into our rooms. Keys were ready and passed out quickly.
Room is gorgeous. Spacious, and everything in order. Beautiful wood work in the bathroom and throughout the room. My view was pretty epic. A couple of windows and I looked right onto the park.
The room layout was great. Very functional desk. The bed was large (proper King) and very comfortable. Linens soft, pillows nice. The TV was large and had a bunch of good channels. The bathroom was my favorite. There was a nice deep tub and a separate shower that had a nice shower head, good temperature, and good water pressure. What more could you ask for?
Location is pretty epic. It is about a 10 minute walk to the Harbor area. There is shopping (if that is your thing), right out of the back of the hotel. Tons of places to spend lots of money. The beginning of the park is right across the street. If I were visiting Sydney for the first time, I would suggest walking through the park before I did anything else. The park actually eventually leads you down to the water, then the Opera house, and then the harbor area. It is in great shape with tons of great plants, rock work, ponds, birds, nature, etc.. Such a great walk. Very peaceful. One of my favorites in the whole world. It doesn't get any better than this park.
The hotel comped us our internet. It was good and solid the whole time. Not blazing, but very functional. It never glitched up or caused problems whilst Skyp'ing, etc.
In the room there was a nice kettle for hot water making. A small fridge for mini bar stuff (and to store my stuff).
I called down twice during my stay for some ice to be sent up. Both times it came up within minutes and they sent me a gigantic bucket filled with ice. Delivered with a smile.
When we were leaving, we had one more surprise. We were met by our two buses and a very attractive woman from the hotel was down helping to load the bags into the bus. It is a nice touch to have a hot chick helping load bags! Triple thumbs up (if that is even possible).
I would stay here in a heart beat. No complaints. At all. Nice job Sheraton. Keep up the good work.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton On The Park, Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Sheraton On The Park, Sydney Hotel
- Sheraton Hotel Sydney
- Sheraton Sydney
- Sydney Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm Australian welcome at the five-star Sheraton on the Park. Located directly opposite Hyde Park, the tree-lined oasis in the heart of Sydney, our hotel is a great destination to connect with friends, family, and colleagues. From the moment you walk through our grand entrance, you will enjoy all that our Sydney hotel has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Starwood APAC, Priceline, Amex, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton on the Park, Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.