The Blue Parrot hostel is the best hostel that I have ever stayed in on my travels. After roaming around for nearly a year, arriving at the Blue Parrot was like coming home. The atmosphere is apparent on entering the building, the Blue Parrot family are there waiting with open arms (and a lovely cup of tea!)
As a single female traveler, the first night in a new place is always daunting, but I immediately felt so comfortable here.
There is everything you need.
- Hot power showers (they actually get the soap out of your hair - girls you all know how important that is!)
- A fully equipped kitchen. With hobs, grills and even 2 ovens! (By the end of my stay I was baking cakes and lots of us would cook shared dinners for each other)
- The nicest and cosiest living/common room I had ever come across in a hostel! There is cable TV, DVD's and even a Nintendo Wii!
- Dorms big enough to keep your stuff yet small enough to have a new group of friends within 10 minutes of arriving!
The security here is great and the location in Sydney is unbeatable, you can walk into the city in about 15 minutes and Bondi Beach is only 2 stops away!
There is always something going on and you WILL have a good night out with new friends, but the real joy of the Blue Parrot is that you will get a good nights sleep. Everyone goes out together around 11pm and if you're feeling tired or you have an early flight, you can settle down for a good night.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hostel to any of my friends. If you go to Sydney, you must stay at the BP!
- Also Known As:
- Blue Parrot Backpackers Hotel Sydney
- Blue Parrot Backpackers Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Parrot is one of Sydney’s best-loved hostels and is consistently top rated. Walking distance to the City Center, Opera House and all of Sydney’s attractions. We are a small intimate hostel with award winning staff who create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. If you like small hostels offering a real backpacking experience where you get to meet other fun travellers then this is the place to come, especially if you are travelling solo. The hostel is like a big house full of new friends you haven't met yet! Owners & sisters Effie & Sasha (avid travellers themselves) manage the hostel creating a fun & friendly atmosphere. They will take care of you and let you know the best things to do/see in and around Sydney. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Blue Parrot Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.