Stayed here for 8 nights; and frankly, a bit hesitant after reading some Trip Advisor reveiws. Happily, we were both quite satisified with the accommodation, bats and all. Our room was on the first floor, overlooking the pool; and on the side of the hotel where the bat colonies exist. Yes they are noisy first thing in the morning; but no more than birds, and certainly far less than the stone curlews of Magnetic Island, or the cockatoos in inland Australia.
And the bats do have their own unique odour! But not a real issue, and the hotel could do nothing about that anyway.
Our bed was kingsize and very comfortable, the room was beautifully serviced every day. Televsions worked, A/C was quiet and efficent - no complaints at all. (Maybe the hotel is a little old, but so are we!)
The swim-up bar in the lagoon pool is terrific, the pool itself is wonderfully maintained, and is certainly an oasis in the middle of the complex. Mizuna restaurant is great value with well cooked meals, the little sample pots (like breakfast trifles) are delicious.
The very best thing about this hotel is its staff. Tourism generally is "doing it hard"; and to have great staff, who are friendly, ethusiastic and knowledgable; is a great asset. Special mention (if I may) for Ryan who manned the poolside bar with witty conversation and great service; Debbie at the restaurant and provider of poolside food service - again friendly, and nothing too much trouble; and finally Leslie, who we saw doing many things, educated us about the bats and the garden plants, all with a big smile and cheery disposition.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Cairns Oasis Hotel Cairns
- Novotel Cairns Oasis Hotel
- Oasis Cairns
- Accor Cairns Oasis Hotel
- Cairns Novotel
- Oasis Resort Cairns
- Oasis Hotel Cairns
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in the heart of Cairns the multi award winning Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort is situated on 2.5 hectares of tropical gardens and boasts the largest lagoon style pool in the city centre, complete with its own white sandy beach and swim up bar.All 314 rooms offer contemporary style accommodation with a balcony or terrace overlooking the city, gardens or pool. Facilities also include a free web corner with the latest IMAC technology, free wi fi (lobby area only), 24 hour in balance gym, onsite hairdresser and Massage & Beauty. The hotel also offers 24 hour room service and reception.Mizuna Restaurant offers buffet breakfast daily and of an evening boasts modern À la carte dining. Aqua Bar serves afternoon drinks, lunch and light bites by the pool whilst Novo Bar opens at 5:00pm daily for pre-dinner cocktails, evening drinks or night time snack menu.The hotel is within walking distance to the Reef Casino and Reef Terminal and only one block from both the Esplanade including 'Muddy’s', Cairns modern, fun, safe playground and parkland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Olotels and Tingo so you can book your Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.