This apartment hotel is in a great location in Hobart CBD, close to the marina, shopping district, tourist information centre and restaurants. There's plenty of car parking at the hotel but it can get full quite quickly. When we arrived at the hotel we were told that our room was not available yet, so they stuffed our luggage into a tiny side room, and rammed and crushed our suitcases into the practically full room. Not a good start!
We booked the 1 bed apartment room and had to wait quite a few hours for it, so we were not impressed. When we finally got our room, we observed that the room's fittings and furnishings are quite old, almost seventies style. You get a kitchenette, washing machine, tumble dryer and a living area.
Room Internet is available at extra cost but the internet signal was very weak and sometimes did not work. When we told IT services they told us to get closer to the window for better reception!! He even tried to blame the iPhone we were also using!! A totally useless IT man who the old woolstore should replace as he is totally lazy, unhelpful and incompetent.
The room was spacious and comfortable but it could have been cleaner, especially the sticky sofas, yuck!
Breakfast though was very nice, so we recommend that especially the bacon, that was delicious!
When we loaded up our car with our luggage in preparation to check out, the reception staff looked at us, as though we were going to run out without paying even though our bill was already settled!! Not the courteous attitude you should expect from hotel staff. If it wasn't for this and mostly the lazy and incompetent IT guy, we would have given the hotel a much better rating
- Also Known As:
- Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel
- Old Woolstore Apartment Hobart
- The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel Hobart, Tasmania
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thinking Hobart? Think The Old Woolstore!Hobart's multi-award winning Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel has built a reputation among travellers as one of Australia's most welcoming and relaxing inner-city hotels. Renowned for spacious rooms and friendly hospitality, the property is centrally located a block from Hobart's waterfront and just a gentle stroll to Salamanca Place with its legendary market, restaurants, bars, galleries and waterside festivities such as the annual Taste Festival.Accommodation consists of a unique choice of fully serviced apartments and hotel rooms; the decor is contemporary and rooms immaculately presented. Apartments are fully self contained offering both laundry and kitchen facilities- perfect for preparing the gourmet produce you will likely collect on your travels through Tasmania!Hobart's best kept dining secret, Stockmans Restaurant, specialises in farm-fresh local produce and opens for breakfast and dinner daily. The Baaa Bar's blend of the old and new is the ideal place to sit back and relax with a glass of Tassie wine at the end of a day spent exploring the local vineyards and indulging in our world-famous offerings.All guests staying at the property can enjoy complimentary parking and use of the onsite gymnasium, guest lounge and business centre. Reception and room service operate 24/7. High speed internet access is FREE to all guests and is available in all rooms and most public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Priceline, Olotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.