We stayed at the Sofitel after snapping up an amazing mystery deal on Wot If for $165 a night, knowing it was the Sofitel before taking up the 'mystery'. We arrived and were greeted by a friendly young man who greeted us in French. We soon realised the Bonjour was a standard Sofitel greeting. Our room was clean, tidy and our views were great even though it was just of the Treasury Gardens, the Park Hyatt and Richmond in the horizon. Although the bathroom was a little small and lighting a bit too dim for my liking the room overall was lovely. We decided to head to the Atrium Bar on level 35 for a drink and ended up staying for a few. It was a little too quite for my boyfriend who is used to drinking beer in pubs, but we enjoyed our cocktails, a chocolate martini for him and apple pie for me. It took a little while for our cheese platter to be delivered, so we ended up ordering a beer and a wine and enjoyed as day turned into night.
We had intended on eating along Southbank but after a few drinks at Ponyfish Island we found that almost everything was at capacity and we were getting hungry. Walked up Bourke Street and found that even the good old faithful Spaghetti Tree had shut their kitchen at 9.30 (it was a Sunday) so we thought 'let's just do room service' and thank god we did! I ordered the pumpkin and feta gnoccii and a cheesecake desert, while the boyfriend got a small pizza and a club sandwhich (he's a big eater). It came to $84 and I expected that being the Sofitel and room service our meals would be small. How wrong I was. Service was prompt and the gentleman lovely. He served our meal quickly and efficiently. My gnoccii was MASSIVE and delicious. I could really should not have fit in my desert (but I pushed through) and my hungry, big eater boyfriend left two pieces of his tasty pizza. We also got complimentary salad and bread rolls. I was amazed, I had ordered desert because I expected my meal to be quite small and after all the walking was starving.
Overall our experience at the Sofitel was great! We lounged around in our comfortable bed and robes and enjoying playing the touch screen lights. And my boyfriend especially loved being up so high with the wonderful views. A great stay and a great hotel, would recommend.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins Hotel Melbourne
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins Hotel
- Accor Melbourne On Collins
- Sofitel Melbourne
- Melbourne Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is at the Paris end of Collins Street, in the heart of the city's premier shopping, dining and theatre district, just minutes from the famous Melbourne Cricket Ground. This award-winning hotel has 363 luxurious rooms that begin from level 36 offering breathtaking views from floor-to-ceiling windows. Each room is complemented by modern furnishings, mood lighting, LED\LCD or Plasma televisions and iPod|MP3 connection. Marble bathrooms offer automated low level lighting and French amenities.Enjoy modern dining in No35, high tea occasions in Sofi's Lounge or stylish cocktails in the Atrium Bar On 35.For meetings and events, Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is one of the city’s most comprehensive integrated hotel conference venues offering 12 individual meetings venues with comprehensive audio-visual services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, ACCOR, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Melbourne on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.