I've stayed at this hotel a few times over several decades, long before it became the Mercure when it was known as the Conti and it has always been reliable. I got it at a cheap price and used it for one night after finishing a gruelling trip around the Kimberleys. All I really wanted was a comfortable bed and hot shower, and it delivered on both. The room suited my needs, but it is not luxurious, and I didn't expect it to be. Staff were very friendly and helpful. It is a short walk to the town centre and the town bus stops right outside. The Mercure has an Irish pub attached to it. I have no objection to Irish pubs being located in Ireland, but why would anyone think that an Irish pub has any relevance in an iconic tropical outback town like Broome? The pub had much more character in the days when it had iron bars around the serving area to protect staff from obnoxious patrons.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Broome Hotel Broome
- Mercure Broome Hotel
- Mercure Hotel Continental Broome
- Accor Hotel Continental Broome
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Inn Continental Broome is set between a vast red desert and azure blue sea, Just walking distance from the heart of Broome, and only 10 minute drive from the spectacular pristine white sands of Cable Beach, making the Mercure Inn Continental Broome the ideal location to explore Broome and it’s surrounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Broome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.