If you want a suite with a view - look no further.
In October-November 2008 my wife and I spent 3 weeks travelling thro Ausralia and new Zealand. I found this little gem on the internet and it is superb. Just 19 rooms, all recently refurbished to a very high standard, all with balconies facing the Bay of Islands (see our picture).
The staff were excellent, the restaurant food awesome and the spa a dream. This a a great place to relax. Laid in bed you could just hear the lap of the waves on the beach opposite the hotel!
Just 2 things let it down a tad - the room boasted a lovely widescreen plasma TV but you could not watch it from the bedroom area of the suite. And the pictures of the location on the web site are slightly deceiving in that there is a road between the hotel and the beach. But these should not put you off considering a top notch destination.
- Also Known As:
- Paihia Beach Hotel Paihia
- Paihia Beach Resort And Spa
- Paihia Beach Hotel
- Paihia Beach Resort
- Paihia Beach Resort & Spa Bay Of Islands, New Zealand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paihia Beach Resort & Spa Hotel overlooks Paihia’s most picturesque beach and is in walking distance of Paihia Wharf, the departure point to discover the wonderful Bay of Islands.Located within the Hotel is the chic poolside and ocean view restaurant Puretastes offering only the finest culinary experience. Visit the hotel's award-winning spa, La Spa Naturale expanded again to include a Hair Day Spa, offering first class spa treatments with a uniquely New Zealand flavor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Paihia Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.