We used the free shuttle service to get from the airport to the motel and back (I did have to call for airport pick-up). Motel is just far enough from the airport, in a very quiet residential area. Great owners, Helen and John are doing a good job. John provided us with all necessary info and also told us about the problems with rebuilding the city. We also purchased some drinks at the front desk.
Room was more than decent, with decent beds and a small kitchen. But it's not luxury and therefore I found the room price relatively high (we paid NZD 182, including an extra bed for our child) - although I understand there are few room options in the area (and virtually none downtown), we paid more here than in any other motel or hotel on our entire trip in New Zealand (including 4 and 4.5 star hotels in Wellington and Auckland).
There are very few restaurants (within walking distance) in the area but in the room is lots of info about options for food delivery (which we used to order dinner).
Bus stop in front of the motel, with buses to the city. Note that there is sadly still (April 2012) nothing to see in the city centre except ruins and clean-up/destruction efforts (14 months after the February 2011 earthquake).
- Also Known As:
- Airport Christchurch Luxury Motel & Apartments Hotel
- Airport Christchurch Luxury Motel & Apartments Hotel Christchurch
- Airport Christchurch Luxury Motel And Apartments
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Airport Christchurch Luxury Motels & Apartments is the most modern in the Christchurch Airport area with the standard of a top quality hotel and a Qualmark grading of Four Star Plus but with very affordable pricing. We are just 5 minutes from Christchurch Airport, the gateway to the South Island (but not on any flight-path), just 3 minutes from State Highway One and 10 minutes from the city centre. The perfect location for your next stay in Christchurch with airport transfers, free on-site car-parking and very quiet units with superbly comfortable King or Super-king beds. Overseas guests who may not be familiar with NZ motel accommodation will find our units very well equipped with excellent cooking facilities. Our Reception is open until 9pm each day so guests arriving after that are provided with an access code to collect their unit key. Please ensure this code is obtained as there is a charge for assistance after 9pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Airport Christchurch Luxury Motel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.