After having stayed at an Oaks resort previously I was contacted by a promotions company offering a 3 night weekend or 4 night weekday stay for a very reasonable price. It involved an up-front payment of $50, another $50 on booking and then the balance on arrival. The sales lady "forgot" to mention that major renovations were taking place at that time as I have now read about in TA. Luckily I didn't book immediately and so on our visit most of the renovation work is complete except for the restaurant/pool toilets which are still being done.
Check in was quite amazing...the lovely Jan was extremely informative and gave us many good tips about the local area and what was on offer.
Our one bedroom unit was quite average, clean except for the black mould build up in the shower which is probably a result of the lack of ventilation and or an exhaust fan. We were on the ground level with a small outdoor courtyard surrounded by green vegetation. The bed would have been quite firm but for the addition of a feather mattress topper which afforded a comfortable nights sleep. The living area has a small kitchenette with a medium sized fridge, sink, microwave and two burner hotplate. There were basic crockery and cooking items plus an electric jug and toaster.
The resort is quite spectacular with a very large lagoon covered with water lillies and is delightful to look at whilst having a drink at the onsite bar or a meal in the newly renovated restaurant. (make sure you look for the eels in the lagoon)
The restaurant table service was top notch and the food was really lovely. The prices of drinks and meals were consistent with other local bars and restaurants.
The swimming pool and spa are spotlessly clean and soon the resort will boast an onsite childrens water playground.
Locally you can walk to Golden Beach which is a calm water area but the sand is limited unless you drive further along. Woolworths supermarket is across the road along with a few specialty shops and a Pizza Capers. Coles and more specialty shops are across the main road and within walking distance is the GBT (Golden Beach Tavern) and the RSL. The RSL provide a free pickup and drop off service to any holiday accommodation in Caloundra and beyond. You can also walk to Dominoes, KFC or Cold Rock so heaps of choices for food.
Nothing is far away in Caloundra, so many beach choices and shops are within a 10 minute drive.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Oasis Resort Caloundra Hotel
- Rydges Oasis Resort Caloundra Hotel Caloundra
- Rydges Oasis Hotel Caloundra
- Caloundra Rydges Oasis Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family-friendly Sunshine Coast Accommodation, near the Beach at CaloundraOaks Oasis is located on the southern tip of Queensland’s beautiful Sunshine Coast at Caloundra, metres from the clear ocean waters of Golden Beach. Located within a short walking distance to local cafes, shops and restaurants along Bullcock Beach and the main street of Caloundra.The resort is set amongst 10 acres of landscaped palm gardens with the main restaurant surrounded by a tranquil waterlily filled lagoon. Oaks Oasis provides guests with a variety of accommodation styles and an extensive array of resort facilities.Oasis is the pefect place for both leisure and business travellers. Offering a variety of accommodation options such as hotel rooms, studios, one, two and three bedroom self-contained apartments and villas. The two and three bedroom apartments have that "home away from home" feel and are fantastic for those travelling with larger groups or families. All accommodation options provide private bathroom facilities and air-conditioning.There are plenty of onsite facilities and activities. Play a game of tennis on the floodlit tennis courts or pull up a chair and relax by the swimming pool and spa. Children can also enjoy the children's playground and the beach volleyball court. There are business and secretarial services available along with state-of-the-art conferencing and meeting facilities available for weddings and events.Ideally situated within a short drive to numerous sites and attractions of the Sunshine Coast such as: Australia Zoo, Underwater World, Surf Beaches, Fraser Island, Ginger Factory and more.Make your next holiday one to remember and stay with us at Oaks Oasis Caloundra, where you can experience the beautiful Sunshine Coast lifestyle! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Olotels, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Oaks Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.