A great stay from start to finish. Arrived late after car hire niggles, and receptionist was wonderfully helpful in getting us down to the restaurant before they closed for the evening, ensuring our luggage was taken to our room in the meantime. All the common areas - reception, corridors etc - are beautifully done, with a very luxurious feel. Our initial reaction was it was the sort of place we stayed in BC (Before Child)! Our two bedroom suite was enormous, and spotlessly clean. The kitchen had everything we needed and we had lunch in our suite everyday. Pool areas were lovely, especially for our 2.5 year old. She went to the kids club for two mornings, but no more than that as she seemed to be the only child there which was a bit lonely for her. Staff were lovely though. I agree with the comment about Armando seemingly having 'favourites' where the pool was concerned. I too saw him laying out towels in the morning on certain sunbeds where particular families always 'camped' - errr, that'll be reserving sunbeds then??? The hotel definitely got busier in the second half of our stay as we approached the end of June; this didn't seem to affect the service received, although we were 'treated' by having such a quiet first week - breakfast was a peaceful, pleasant affair!!
We went half board which was excellent value. On the night we arrived, a buffet had been served for dinner, but for the rest of our stay, we chose from a menu which changed everyday (apart from the dessert menu, which was the same for nearly ten days). The food and service at dinner were excellent, and they catered for children brilliantly.
My main moan would be about the beds - they are rock hard. Neither my husband or I slept well throughout our stay, with my husband saying he felt like he'd gone ten rounds with Mike Tyson in the morning!! Also, if you've got anything longer than shoulder length hair, take your own hairdryer, or be prepared for the process to take a while!
We would definitely return, but probably slightly earlier in June to avoid the encroaching crowds. Fabulous if you've got kids, but even if you haven't, you could easily get some peace.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Da Quinta Hotel Almancil
- Monte Da Quinta Suites Portugal/Algarve - Almancil
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monte da Quinta Suites is the newest addition to the Monte da Quinta Resort, located at the heart of Quinta do Lago. It is comprised of 132 Suites, with one, two and three bedrooms that have been carefully designed and decorated with a modern touch combined with exotic wood furniture. This attention to detail can also be found in the public areas, creating a perfect match between tradition and modernity. Many activities are available nearby such as golf, horse riding, tennis or cycling but a visit to the Resort SPA is an excellent choice to enjoy some of the diversified treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Monte da Quinta Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.