I booked this hotel for a week-end in Prague. I wanted a comfortable place, well located. I chose it after reading some of the reviews.
It seems to me like the hotel accepted my booking (done through one of the partners listed in this site) even knowing they didn´t have rooms available, so when I got there they gave me a room in a lower category hotel (Metamorphis, 4 stars). This hotel is in the same square as the one I actually paid for (Metamorphis Excellent, 5 stars). Of course, I complained. There are plenty of much cheaper hotels in Prague, with the same category, a similar location, and far better service. I wanted a 5 stars, which is what I paid for. They refused to give my money back. Instead, I got a room in the lower class hotel. The night was terribly hot and the room had the aircon broken !!! Then, they brought me a fan so noisy it didn't let me sleep. So I spent most of the night switching the aircon on and off, opening the window and closing it (the noise from the people hanging around outside until over 2 am was too loud). Terrible.
After this nightmare sleepless night, the day after they moved me to the actual Metamorphis Excellent (5 stars). The room was ok, very clean and nicely decorated, although very small. The access to the room was not easy (no elevator). The challenge in this occasion were the curtains, which were small and didn't block the light from outside. The result was another night without proper sleep.
Through all these issues the service was simply terrible. With a very strong attitude and ill manners. And of course, unable to offer me a solution. I just wanted to have a normal sleep (I gave up asking for a comfortable one).
The only thing I can say was good about this hotel was the location. All the rest was just a nightmare to forget. And of course, the city, Prague, is absolutelly wonderful.
* Rooms in the 5 stars hotel (Metamorphis Excellent) clean and nicely decorated
* Terrible Service
* Gave me accommodation in a different, lower class hotel
* The worst sleep quality in all the hotels and all categories I have used in my life (I travel very frequently for work).
* Small rooms
* Small bathroom. No bathtube.
* No internet in the rooms (only one computer close to the desk)
* No elevator. No adapted for handicapped travellers.
Based on my own experience I heartedly discourage anybody from choosing this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Metamorphis Excellent Hotel
- Metamorphis Excellent Prague
- Metamorphis Excellent Hotel Prague
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Metamorphis Excellent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.