First of all I like the hotel design. The rooms are clean and the room design is nice. BUT I have never ever seen such a unfriendly and unwelcome Staff. Its unbelievable how the team ever get a job in a 4 star hotel. I stay about 150 nights in different hotels each year. And not in any one I ever feels so unwelcome like in the Designhotel Elephant Prague. Some examples?
Before we arrive I send an email to the front desk that we kindly request two single beds and ask for early checkin. The normal checkin time is 2 pm. I get an answer that the two single beds are available and if the room is ready we can also checkin earlier.
So next day we arrived. On the front desk was a woman looking not very friendly. And so when I ask for checkin I get directly a very very unfriendly its no checkin time. So I explain that I ask for early checkin via email. The answer no we don`t have this kind of stuff. So I need to ask 3 times that she please take a look in the computer if the room is ready. But she denied. So the pull a key on the desk and say go there to the luggage room there you can store your luggage. All in a very unfriendly tone. I am not complaining about the early checkin is not available but the way they handle the request.
I was really angry about this so I contact the Worldhotels Team where the hotel is a member of via twitter. They were very friendly and promised help. When we returned to the hotel late for checkin the girl was a bit more friendly and we get an upgrade. So we thought ok bad start but now all is fine.
Next morning we have to learn that it seems you need to be unfriendly to get a job in this "hotel". When we enter the breakfast room there were 2 staff members and we say (as it is normal in my opinion) with a friendly good morning. No reaction from the staff. Not even any word.
Beside the fact that the breakfast was terrible on 3 days 3 times cold scrambled eggs, the orange juice was a bad joke like the rest of the stuff they offer. Also the staff don`t take care to take away the used dishes and so on.
Even on the checkout the stuff (different front desk girl) not even ask how we like the stay or something thats normal in a hotel. When I ask for a bill I get only a harsh answer and get the bill pulled on the desk. No friendly word, not thanks for staying nothing.
You are not welcome, your money is, but not you in person in this hotel. Stay away!!
- Also Known As:
- Designhotel Elephant Prague Hotel Prague
- Designhotel Elephant Prague Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Na Florenci Street, perfectly situated in the city centre, The Designhotel Elephant, a 4 Star hotel is a welcome calm in the heart of Prague.Such attractions of the historic Prague Old Town, like Astronomical Clock on the Old Town Hall, Municipal House on Square of Republic or Charles Bridge, Powder Tower, Music Theatre Karlin and many others are in the immediate walking vicinity, making our hotel a great choice for all travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Designhotel Elephant Prague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.