Prague is a beautiful city, one of my favourites - but the Intercon is probably the least attractive builidng in that area- perhaps taking the Karl Pilkington (an idiot abroad theory! - ie better being in th eugly building looking at the good view rather than vice versa).
If the outside is somewhat tardy the hotel it self is efficiently run and nice on the inside. Comfortable beds and tidy enough.
Breakfast was well run with a good system for the egg station (unlike my last review), and the omelettes one of the best I've had in such a hotel.
Monika at the Spa was very helpful in getting a hairdresser and make up artist for my wife, we wre having our post wedding photos there rather than SIngapore.
Overall the service was good and prompt, although the bellboy failed to call the cab an hour before departure as requested so cost a bit more to get taxi back to airport (no tip for him!)
The loaction is near to the clock tower and I would also recommend Le Degustation restaurant not too far away from this hotel (with a michelin star).
All in all a recommended hotel for a stay in Prague!
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Praha Hotel Prague
- Intercontinental Praha Hotel
- Intercontinental Hotel Prague
- Intercontinental Hotel Praha
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Presiding regally above the hilly banks of the Vltava River, the InterContinental Prague is the landmark choice of Prague hotels, providing a sophisticated setting for all types of travel. Experience the City from its premier location - in the heart of the Prague’s historic Old Town. Magnificent accommodations provide the perfect base from which to explore the shops, restaurants, and architectural treasures that give the region its distinctive character. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your InterContinental Prague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.