This is my 2nd time to Prague. I went there the first time in 2005, and while strolling around to take the cruise, i saw Inter con right by the Vltava River, and i told myself that if i have the chance to return to Prague, I will stay there. (By then i could not afford, can only stay in a hostel in Prague 7)
Finally, i returned again in 2012, with my husband who fulfilled my dream. My other little dream was to take my wedding photo in Prague, and my husband agreed to bring me there!
However, it did not start as ideal as we thought. When we arrived at the hotel to check in at about 4pm, we were informed that the room was not ready, and have to wait for 20 mins. The surprise was that we waited less than 20 mins, and we were also told that because of this inconvenience, breakfast will be complimentary. We thought that it was only for the first night, and was pleasantly surprised that it was for the whole duration (We stayed for 5 nights)
Rooms was neat and clean. King size bed with 2 arm chairs.
The breakfast was a good spread of bread, pastry, bacons, baked beans, sausages, and they even have a Japanese section! There was also an egg station and fresh fruit section. When you ordered your egg, they will pass you a number stand and informed you how much time it will take (Unlike other 5 stars which take ages)
The hotel also arranged a make up artist and a hair stylist for us for our photo shoot. Initially i thought they worked for Intercon, only to know that it was an extra service provided by the hotel. The slight disappointment was that they did not do anything for us after they know that we were taking our wedding photo, means we were newly wed. Not that we are greedy for anything, but a complimentary drink would be good.
Wifi was free in the room, save you the hassle of going down to the lobby to get connection. House keeping staff was efficient too. When we asked for something, she appeared in less than 5 mins.
Only regret was that the bar was under renovation, which means that we could not get a digesitve.
Location wise was great. It was less than 5 mins walk to Old town square, within 10 mins walk to Charles Bridge.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Praha Hotel Prague
- Intercontinental Praha Hotel
- Intercontinental Hotel Prague
- Intercontinental Hotel Praha
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Presiding regally above the hilly banks of the Vltava River, the InterContinental Prague is the landmark choice of Prague hotels, providing a sophisticated setting for all types of travel. Experience the City from its premier location - in the heart of the Prague’s historic Old Town. Magnificent accommodations provide the perfect base from which to explore the shops, restaurants, and architectural treasures that give the region its distinctive character. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your InterContinental Prague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.