“Can't recommend highly enough! Was blown away by Lavender Circus and would definitely stay again!!”
Himself and I stayed three nights in Budapest at Lavender Circus but could easily have stayed weeks! Aside from the quirky and eclectic decorations throughout, the staff are so friendly and knowledgeable, it truly felt like you were at home. On arrival we instantly felt relaxed and at ease ...though words alone cannot do Lavender Circus justice, I have tried to summarise the pros and cons below.
- on arrival we were offered tea/coffee/water, asked to take a seat and provided a personalised welcome to Budapest by Dori as she sat with us, a map and pen, highlighting all the key sights etc to see as well as answering our questions
- our room (#5) was HUGE and even had two big arm chairs and a coffee table by the window in which to enjoy the sunshine
- location is great - directly across from the National Museum, a short stroll to the Central Market Hall, the Danube and Buda, as well as being on a train and tram line (we also walked the 2.5km from Keleti station without too much trouble)
- the common room truly feels like your own home, with an interesting selection of music playing gently in the background (speaker also in one of the toilets...surprise!)
- the eclectic decorations keep everything interesting - there is never a dull moment and always something new to look at
- stacks of guide books on Budapest available for you to borrow whilst there - very useful!
- all staff were so lovely and help you at the drop of a hat (and live there whilst working). Special mention to Julia who spent the weekend there whilst we were there - great conversations and recommendations
- Lavender Circus is only a small hostel, so only double rooms (as far as I'm aware) making it personalised and cosy - no big parties or groups, makes for a great night's sleep!!
- three toilets and bathrooms (separate) available for use - the shower we used (closest to room #5) was hot and had good pressure
- all linen and towels (though small) supplied ...bonus!
- very secure - three keys/electronic swipes provided for access to main entrance hall, private balcony and individual room
- great value!
- balcony around courtyard large and sunny in the afternoon, nice place to relax
- must mention the decorations again....!!!!
- there are 108 stairs to climb to get to the third floor where Lavender Circus is located, a problem if you have heavy luggage
- only a tiny kitchen area which may be restrictive if you're planning on self-catering, though with so many eateries around, you probably don't need to (and there is also a fridge available for use)
- wifi didn't really work though a free computer is provided and it seemed to work fine there
I will be recommending Lavender Circus to any of my friends looking for somewhere to stay in Budapest!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC