Budapest, June 2012 reviews
We spent a delightful week at the Budapest Castle Hilton. We stayed on the executive lounge floor and paid for the Danube River view. There was something intoxicating seeing the Danube at night and the Parliament Building illuminated by soft lighting. We kept our curtains open at night just to enjoy this sight. This is a great Hilton. The lounge staff were attentive with special thanks to evening server Tibor who remembered our drink orders and genuinely seemed happy to see us. We did have a problem with the A/C not working one night and with the window opening perhaps no more than one inch, it was a sleepless night. It was fixed by the next night. Also, there was water seepage around the bottom of the shower door. Would we return---you bet ! TIPS: there is an ATM in the building and also one located outside in the back of the hotel. The outside ATM is located between an ice cream shop and a delicious chocolate shop which also sells simple and quick grilled cheese sandwiches. Bus---the #16 bus (not the #16A which just goes back and forth the castle hill area) takes you across the Chain Bridge. Tickets: the front lobby desk sells individual tickets and we suggest you purchase 10 at a time. We rode buses, trams, and metro. Make sure you validate your ticket. One couple told us they were stopped by transportation authorities who wanted to see both ticket and photo ID. Taxis…..taxi drivers have a bad reputation in Budapest. Nonetheless, we used them several times. Here is the tip---walk to a major hotel and ask the doorman to hail you a taxi (tip the doorman). We did this with no problems and no scams. Final tip----Budapest is a walking city, so wear comfortable shoes and take breaks.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Budapest - Castle District Hotel
- Hilton Budapest - Castle District Hotel Budapest
- Hilton Budapest Castle District
- Hilton Budapest
- Budapest Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Budapest is located in the city’s historic Castle District, and has magnificent views over the River Danube, the centre of Pest and the romantic, narrow, cobbled streets of old Buda.TripAdvisor published a list of the top 10 hotel rooms in the world with the most beautiful views in March 2012. Hilton Budapest is proud to announce that the hotel was on the list.It takes only ten minutes to get to the Pest side by the bus which has a stop next to the hotel.Mammut one of the largest shopping mall is only five minutes away by walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Budapest - Castle District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.