We chose this place because it was one of the only places we could find with a 5 bedrooms and 4 baths. We traveled with a group of 7 of us, so we always prefer to have a house rather than a hotel. This was a first for us to be at a resort and wasn't sure how that would work for us. I was pleasantly surprised overall. Didn't know what to expect, but I felt the location was beautiful and peaceful. The pool isn't huge, but it was very nice overlooking the ocean. As another poster said, I wouldn't probably swim right off the property as there is a lot of seaweed. We met some great folks while at the pool. We stayed in the Villa Ruby. Although we did have some small issues (a/c not working in a room, toilet, furniture breaking) they were all resolved and I can't really complain. Amanda greated us upon our arrival and made sure we were taken care of. Roberto (the boat driver) and Enrique helped with our maintenance issues. Super people. The grounds are just beautiful and there are short walks to some great restaurants. We ate at Portifinos for breakfast a few times (very good) and we also went South to Rojos (very good restaurant and bar with a small food store for eggs, tomatoes, peppers). We enjoyed their atmosphere as well overlooking the Ocean. There were 2 other restaurants not far that we did try out. Both were very good and a little more on the pricey side. We did walk to the Grocery store the first day which was a little farther than I thought, but they were able to drive us back on a golf cart on the road (which was in very bad shape). Our original plan was to rent golf carts, but the road just was not suitable to do so. We did go into San Pedro a couple of times and worth the trip. Some very good restaurants (Hurricane's has the best conch cerveci) and little shopping at the grocery stores to stock up on some things. Had a fantastic drink named the Dirty Banana at Fidos.. so good but more like a dessert. We did go snorkeling with Roberto from Portifino's. He came and picked us up at our place and had a great day at the Reserve and Shark Alley. We also went to Caye Caulker for a trip. Not much there, but it was nice to see another place. A couple of our friends decided to walk the beach to San Pedro. They said it took 3 hours. Of course they stopped at a place or two for some beverages or lunch. We really enjoyed our stay and everyone at La Perla was helpful. I would recommend it.
La Perla del Caribe was
- Also Known As:
- La Perla Del Caribe Hotel San Pedro
- La Perla Del Caribe Hotel
- La Perla Del Caribe Belize/San Pedro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strolling lazily down a tropical white sand beach, a soothing azure sea lapping rhythmically at your feet, a Caribbean breeze stealing away the cares of the world as it brushes gently across your face… This is La Perla Del Caribe Resort.This Luxury Ambergris Caye Resort is located on the north end of Ambergris Caye, the most popular vacation destination in Belize. La Perla Del Caribe captures the Caribbean ambiance of Belize in elegance and luxury. You can relax in the modern indoor-outdoor style of your private beach villa between trips to the pool and snorkeling - just offshore lies one of the top ten dive sites in the world, the pristine Belize coral reef. Or you can enjoy the vibrant life of the island – participate in village fiestas or sample local and international cuisine in the restaurants and clubs.Set off on sun-soaked Caribbean adventures to ancient Mayan ruins and scuba diving at the famous Great Blue Hole.Relax on your private mahogany sun bed and watch the herons stroll through the shallows. Laze by the pool while taking in a miraculous sunset.We are here to bring you the once in a lifetime Caribbean vacation experience, unlike any other Ambergris Caye Resort, that can only be... La Perla Del Caribe.Your Ambergris Caye Paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your La Perla Del Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.