The other half and me just spent a blissful 4 days at the Cocotal. I feel the need to share this marvellous place with the world as we found the whole experience beyond perfection. The Cocotal is maybe 2 miles north of town that feels more like a million as you arrive by boat to this serene oasis. We had the pleasant surprise on arrival of being upgraded to the 2-bedroom apartment, which takes up the entire 1st floor of the main building. The rooms are sumptuously fitted out and decorated in the best of possible tastes and the highest of finishes. From beautiful handmade hardwood furniture to opulent four-poster beds, and from magnificent original art, to a kitchen that is better equipped than our own at home. All in all, god is in the details and you can see he or she has been very busy here. The limited number of guests gives the whole place an air of exclusivity. The staff are very approachable, friendly and attentive and are never interfering, you are left very much to your own devices with nothing more difficult to ponder on than should you take a dip in the alluring pool or walk that extra 20 metres to the warm crystal clear waters of the Caribbean. The reef is a 10-minute Kayak paddle from the hotel, where you can snorkel in a super clear 2 metres of water (all equipment is provided free of charge by the Inn.) Bikes are also provided if you feel the need to experience the hustle bustle of town and if the soporific climes are making you feel extra lazy you can always hire a golf cart. Tours are all easily booked here and the operators will pick up and drop off on the private dock.
It has several restaurants within walking distance and just next door there is a bar restaurant which also has a very handy dive/fishing outfit on their premises. The water taxi also picks up and drops off here too.
If you are really looking for a place to get away from it all and let your mind relax I couldn’t recommend Cocotal Inn any higher, once you’re there, I promise you, you won’t every want to leave.
- Also Known As:
- Cocotal Inn & Cabanas Hotel
- Cocotal Inn And Cabanas
- Cocotal Inn & Cabanas Hotel San Pedro
- Cocotal Inn & Cabanas Belize/San Pedro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cocotal Inn and Cabanas is a beachfront vacation property located 2- 1/2 miles north of San Pedro. There are five units available for nightly rental. Intimate and low key, Cocotal is still only a bike ride from town in a great up and coming area. Our units are well appointed with fully equipped kitchens, air conditioning, cable TV, and maid service. There is an in-ground pool, honor bar, BBQ, and free bicycles and kayaks for guest use - a beautiful property and a great value! This description is based on information provided by the specialty lodging. ... more less