We booked through the internet and paid by credit card. The hostess was extremely helpful in arranging this big family trip.
Accomdations: the only down side is that hot water is unpredictable, and the toilet/bathroom is not separated from the bedroom by a door. It is only separated by a low wall. Otherwise beautiful cabanas, clean, well kept, and neat.
Restaurant: Great food, with daily specials. We asked for a meal plan, and one was arranged special for us. We ate there every day, and they would even keep leftovers for us in the fridge to finish at lunch!
Service: Unbeatable. We were a party of 8, renting 3 cabanas, with children, grandparents, and an aunt. They catered to everyone individually.
Location: Wonderful, like living in a post card. The only annoyance were the mosquitoes and sandflies, so we itched. Should have brought long sleeve Tshirts and baggy sweats. Beach was perfect: sandy area on one side, and corals to snorkel and see fish on the other side. The grounds were meticulously upkept, like living in a jungle resort. Nice swimming pool too.
Staff: everyone was wonderful. The hostess was exteremely helpful with all our requests (want a doctor? I will call and he will be here. Want a cave tour or snorkel tour, last minute? No problem.
In the end, when we were leaving, we felt like we were visiting our (non intrusive) family. For the money, you can not go wrong here. Small, quaint, beautiful, well kept, professional, cozy. Although this is not a Hilton Hotel, but then who ever buys a post card of a Hilton Hotel....
- Also Known As:
- Singing Sands Hotel Placencia
- Singing Sands Hotel
- Singing Sands Resort
- Singing Sands Inn Belize/Placencia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AA private secluded seafront resort on Maya Beach...with beautiful Placencia Lagoon nearby! "...Singing Sands is an oasis for the traveler...whether couples seeking a romantic space, groups in search of a base location...or birding enthusiasts and water lovers needing a place from which to begin...their Belizean adventure." Our Inn is tucked within a beautifully landscaped tropical garden, providing a restful environment for our guests. We take pleasure in providing a relaxed, at home atmosphere. We’ve been working hard in recent months to completely renovate and remodel our entire property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Singing Sands Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.