Recently, my girlfriend and I spent two full weeks at Lub D Bangkok - Siam Square. We are full-time travel bloggers and needed to be in Bangkok for two weeks to finalize a few travel visas. We were coming off a stretch of 60+ days of very fast-paced, demanding travel and hoped to find a well-located place in Bangkok that would allow us to rest in peace and comfort while we finished all of our documentation. Lub D - Siam Square came through for us better than we ever could have imagined.
The hostel, itself, is artistically designed and has provided for many comforts, including several televisions, several computers for internet access, and even a movie theatre lounge with beanbag chairs on the 2nd Floor. We found our private room to be both cozy and extremely quiet, thanks to the solid concrete walls, even despite some construction going on next door.
The location is absolutely perfect, with every type of food or shopping available within a 5-10 minute walk, and a BTS (sky train) right outside the hostel. We made our connections to the Embassies we needed without trouble, and utilized the markets in MBK and Siam Paragon for groceries. We really enjoyed finding fresh green salads and fresh vegetable juices in each of these places - some things we enjoy back home which we had been having a very hard time finding in this part of the world.
The only thing that stood out more positively than the appointments and location of Lub D was the staff. Every single person who worked there was tremendously friendly and more than willing to offer their recommendations on things to do in the area, or to invite us to participate in activities that they knew of.
I will highly recommend Lub D to everyone I know who is going to Bangkok on vacation, and also to all of my peers in the professional traveler community.
- Also Known As:
- Lub d Bangkok - Siam Square Hotel Bangkok
- Lub d Bangkok - Siam Square Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location. Location. Location.Lub d's new hostel is in the Siam Square quarter, renowned as the best hangout area in Bangkok. At Siam you've got it all: culture, entertainment, eats, espresso joints, shopping, bars, clubs, etc. Here, literally on your doorstep, is Bangkok's Skytrain (BTS) which connects you to the rest of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Lub d Bangkok - Siam Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.