In Bangkok for a conference held at the hotel. Check-in was smooth, being Gold SPG offered an upgrade to a river facing high floor room. The room was excellent - spacious, clean, well appointed. No separate shower stall in the bathroom - but this is, despite a clearly successful update - is an older property.
I was too busy to experience the vacation "facilities" of the property, but the pool area seemed pretty small to me.
The Thai restaurant Thara Thong in the hotel is SUPERB - and proved to be the best food of the trip - and that included a dinner at the Mandarin Oriental just down the river. We had a set meal and it was amazing. All the spices and flavors of Thailand! The service was elegant and discreet and the ambience of the river view restaurant superb. And to finish off an enjoyable but not intrusive performance of Thai dancers.
The "Etc" restaurant for breakfast was a scramble every morning, like the eggs. But the buffet was good and extensive and the egg station chef was actually excellent. I had to get the waiting staff to clean my table properly a couple of times too, but I'll put that down to the rush. Lots of tourists from other parts of Asia - with a few Europeans.
Given the price I paid by booking directly with SPG this was a satisfactory choice; and I'd certainly return. Not a standout particularly - but that's not what I was expecting -- and Sheraton have a good property on their hands and the staff are all smiling and efficient.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton Royal Orchid
- Sheraton Bangkok
- Royal Orchid Sheraton
- Royal Orchid Sheraton Bangkok
- Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel
- Bangkok Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the legendary Chao Phraya River with exquisite views, we offer a pleasant combination of warm Thai hospitality and world-class service in a modern setting just minutes from Bangkok's business districts, entertainment, and attractions.Enjoy the refined style and modern comforts of a relaxing riverside hotel. Take time out at our two pools or book a spa treatment, discover exciting cuisine in our six restaurants and bars, or experience memorable events in 22 unrivaled function rooms.All 726 of our spacious guest rooms and suites boast spectacular panoramic river views. Revel in the warm, calming, and contemporary ambiance of these well-appointed accommodations, featuring subtle Thai style and the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ Bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Starwood APAC, Agoda, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.