I recently spent 4 nights at Dream after reading all the good reviews. For the price, it is good value as it is centrally located (short walk to Asok and Nana BTS) and has decent sized, comfortable rooms. Check in was okay but the reception staff's grasp of English seemed a little poor. I had a midnight flight on my day of departure and had requested a late check out (till 6pm which I was happy to pay for) via email and then again when checking in. But on my last day my swipe card stopped working at midday (normal check out time) however staff sorted it out quickly.
The hotel facilities are in two buildings across the road from one another so the restaurant is in the main building while pool and gym are in Dream 2.
Pool is small but good for a cool down.
Gym is clean, tidy and adequate for a workout on a work trip
- Rooms and bathroom are a good size and very clean
- Beds/pillows are very comfortable and I think the blue light actually does help you sleep better
- Robes and slippers are provided
- Daily pieces of fruit and biscuits are a nice touch
- Porters were excellent and very friendly - opening the door, organising taxis etc.
- Selection for breakfast is decent (great selection of grainy loaf breads)
- Location is fantastic - walking distance to Asok BTS/MRT and Nana BTS, lots of restaurants, bars, massage/spas and shopping nearby on both sides of Sukhumvit Road. Terminal 21 adjoins Asok Station.
- Laundry service was good
Areas for improvement:
- as a place to stay for business, wifi/internet connection can be a little patchy and slow at times
- sound proofing in the rooms - I could hear the neighbouring room's TV, opening/closing of the curtains and doors being closed along the hallway were quite loud
- some of the furnishings (bedside tables, coffee tables) were starting to show some considerable wear and tear (chips, scratches)
- the cupboards need to be deodorised - one of my cupboards smelt like stale socks so I had to leave the doors open to air it out before use
- if you need an iron and ironing board, you need to call housekeeping but the ironing board was very cheap so it's best you use a towel to help protect your clothes while ironing.
- service at the pool bar was very lacklustre
- Also Known As:
- Dream Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Dream Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Dream Hotel
- Dream Bangkok Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel in the playful blend of local culture and surreal design within Dream Bangkok -- hotel entrepreneur Vikram Chatwal's latest addition to his mind-bending "Hautel Couture" destinations. Sleek and sheathed in glass, this five-star central Bangkok hotel lies in the heart of Sukhumvit -- the Thai capital's stylish epicentre for fashion, entertainment, and nightlife. Indulge your passion for the exotic ... where traditional wai greetings and artful chedi bells welcome you into a hypnotically decked-out lobby best described as ancient Siam meets modern decadence.Bringing a splash of fantasy to the world of Bangkok hotel accommodation, Dream embraces the elegant yet edgy mood of Thailand in an avant-garde downtown setting. Dream Bangkok is nestled in the heart of Sukhumvit Road, a five-minute stroll from the subway and Skytrain and only blocks from the city’s most prestigious business and government offices. For your convenience, our hotel is also just 27 miles from Bangkok International Suvarnabhumi Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Dream Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.