This is a great 3.5 star guesthouse. It is a small, family owned joint. It is nothing fancy, the rooms run about 1200 baht currently. They offer free fast wifi, the cable TV is average but if you are with a Thai they will be satisfied.
The location is great. It is about 20 meters from Sukhumvit but in a little side street so it is quiet. During the day there are about a dozen street carts on Soi 20 serving great cheap Thai food to the Thai lunch crowd. At 2pm the Sports Corner Sports Bar opens and there are a few food carts but most close down around sundown.
It is about a 5 min walk to the Asok BTS station and there are plenty of restaurants and food carts everywhere. The food in the hotel is great too and the room service is very prompt. The breakfast is average but I usually go eat the full Irish at the Dubliner anyways.
The staff are all very friendly. I have been staying there for years and they always remember me. I recently forgot an item there and they emailed me and told me they would hold it for me till I got back from Chiang Mai. They have let me check in as early as 7am before and let me check out at 10pm without charging me for an extra day. This might be because I have stayed there so much but it shows what kind of people they are.
I have stayed at several hotels in BKK, from 600 baht up to 5000 baht, and I no longer stay anywhere but the Queen Lotus. My only complaint is that there is no balcony but that is not that big of a deal. I cannot give a higher recommendation than the Queen Lotus in the 1000-2000 THB price range.
- Also Known As:
- Queen Lotus Guest House Hotel Bangkok
- Queen Lotus Guest House Hotel
- Queen Lotus Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Queen Lotus Guest House and Restaurant A Thai Contemporary design at the heart of Bangkok Providing you with ease and Comfort Throughout Your stay in Thailand. - A 24 hour front desk - Daily housekeeping included in the room rate. - Private bathroom for each unit. - 30 meters off Sukhumvit Rd. - Near BTS Sky train's Asok / MRT Subway Sukhumvit ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Queen Lotus Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.