It was almost sunset when I reached Chiang Mai and the helpful guy that welcomed me was Tee. For a solo traveler, he gave me a really spacious room. He easily attended to my requests:
(1) I requested for airconditioning (which is an extra cost) but he suggested for me to open my windows for ventilation. It gets cooler at night. It's screened so you don't have to worry about mosquitoes or insects.
(2) When I stowed my luggage, I noticed that I couldn't lock one of the windows, one of the guys fixed it right then and there
(3) I really don't have a lot planned except for rock climbing and a cooking class. I said I wanted to visit a few temples and he suggested that his brother drives for me. His brother speaks a little English (he is learning fast!!!) but he's a sweet and accommodating lad. He even brought me to a cantineta with the best khao soi.
(4) He asked me where I booked my cooking class and I mentioned another school. He need not persuade me to book at Sammy's Organic Farm instead. Aside from the fact that it's cheaper, the farm ambience was much more inviting. Thank you, it was beautiful with an EPIC outdoor toilet!!!
Remember this is a bed and breakfast accommodation. And with the price you are paying for, do not expect so much from the room. All the basic amenities you need are there: hot & cold shower, a bed, a side table, a fan, airconditioning (if need be), a cabinet for your clothes.
LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION!
*CMRCA (Chiang Mai Rock Climbing Adventure) HQ is two apartments down.
*It's about a 10 minute walk to the night market outside the walls of Old Town where there are rows of street food with communal dining area. And right across that street is the Weekend Market... which is a long row of what-have-yous, souvenirs and tourist-trap shopping items.
*If you are there on a Sunday, it is about 4 blocks (15-20 minute walk), from the Walking Street of Chiang Mai. Now this is a LOOOONNNGGER weekend market that gets crazy from 6 up and slows down around 11 but lasts until around after midnight.
* It's near an ATM machine & fronts a convenient store.
I can go endless here. but I am just saying is that you are paying more than your money's worth for the helpful tips the staff gives you :)
Just don't forget to be respectful.
- Also Known As:
- Tk Guest House Hotel
- Tk Guest House Hotel Chiang Mai
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your TK Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.