The Passage is a very peaceful, resting, and relaxing destination. This was our first trip to Koh Samui and we just soaked up some sun by the beach and by the pool. It's about 20-30 minutes from the airport. The pools are fantastic and are just perfect to cool off. It would be nice if this hotel was adult-only because the pools can have kids during the day time but there is enough space to spread out if you want peace and quiet. The beach is beautiful but we were surprised to see the low tide the entire day from morning until late at night. Sand is very pretty but you'll see every morning Passage workers have to rake up trash leftover from the night's high tide. By reading other reviews we were prepared for low tide but this is not a swimming beach but a low tide white sand beach. Beautiful sunsets; probably best on the island when clear. Shuttle service was fine but recommend making a reservation 1-2 days in advance as the shuttle could fill up. The roads are super bumpy all over so be prepared. The breakfast was good and just what we needed to be included in the stay, lunch sandwiches were plentiful and dinner was a bit pricey but there really is nothing else around to eat within walking distance. The pool-side room was fine for 2 but no more. 2 for 1 Happy Hour we always went to and it does get annoying with a receipt every transaction but I suppose they need to keep track of your drinks and room number. Spa was nice and relaxing but recommend making a reservation early in the day to ensure the room will be available. Once you arrive at The Passage you really are stuck to the resort and to us that was just fine. I imagine if you are adventurous and active this resort is not for you.
- Also Known As:
- The Passage Samui Villas Hotel
- The Passage Samui Villas Hotel Koh Samui
- The Passage Samui Villas And Resort
- The Passage Samui Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Passage Samui is a brand new luxury boutique resort on the North West tip of Koh Samui, Thailand. Stunning sunsets, refined beachfront dining and exquisite designer villas ensure your holiday memories will last forever. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Travelocity, Olotels, Otel, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Passage Samui Villas & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.