I travel frequently, and I stay in a wide range of Hotels in a wide number of different countries. I am pretty flexible, and I was well aware Sea Plaza is a budget Hotel without some of the usual perks. That said, nothing prepared me for the most awful experience I ever had in an Hotel:
1. the reception and the stairs were remarkably dirty. The room windows, in the 1st floor, had non-removable bars, and there were no visible fire escape routes.
2. The room had a very strong smell of cleaning chemicals, and after less than one minute I started feeling strong skin rashes (despite having all windows open when I arrived).
3. Despite this smell of cleaning chemicals, the room was not clean: towels were dirty and wet, laid inside the closet, and the bed linen had lots of hair.
4. I noticed a trail of around a dozen blood drops in the room floor. I called the reception guy. Once he arrived he "cleaned" the blood drops with his bare fingers (literally!). Afterwards he kept opening the room doors and the closet to change the towels (without ever washing his hands).
5. when I asked for a new room he refused, saying this was the last available room.
After this warm reception I decided to loose my non-refundable reservation and move to another Hotel.
I have to admit this is the first time I write a review for an Hotel I DID NOT stay in, but considering the positive reviews this Hotel has I felt I had to share my experience, so that others do not loose their money, like I did. In fact, even without the exceptional events that made me leave the Hotel I would still rate this as a lackluster place to stay. Is this a double personality Hotel?
To be honest, the only positive thing about this Hotel is the location close to the sea (but far from the interesting areas of Haifa, though).
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC